Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what is this?

Not sure whats going on, but whenever i unlock my phone it has like a two second weather animation with a sun sparkle and a cloud moves across the screen. I have uninstalled every app that i think could cause this and its still there! Anyone have any idea what im talking about or what to do?
    In Soviet Russia, android roots you!

Sounds like the stock weather application. Unless you are rooted I don't think you can get rid of that.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange

I remember having that problem. For me it was an add-on for some weather widget (forgot the name). I deleted the widget app itself and couldn't figure why I still had that animation. Then I realized it was an add-on for the widget that was still running.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

Wether and toggle widget add on does that on my phone. There is a way to turn it off but for the life of me I can not remember plus I am just waking up.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

or u can get the app called "no Lock" in the Market which is free - i love it because i hate having to unlock my phone each time - it disables the lock.

my blackout setting is still set at 30 secs and after that when i go to turn my phone back on all i have to do is just tap the power button without having to do the unlock thing.
    T-Mobile
    Samsung Vibrant

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by joshuat View Post
    Not sure whats going on, but whenever i unlock my phone it has like a two second weather animation with a sun sparkle and a cloud moves across the screen. I have uninstalled every app that i think could cause this and its still there! Anyone have any idea what im talking about or what to do?
    This is "beautiful widgets" app, try checking for an update or even unistall it if its bothering you

Default Do a factory reset

That will fix the problem