Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Samsungian

ROM
    stock/stock, stock/stock

Default 4G antenna upgrade?

Hey guys, well ever since t-mobile launched their 4g services they mentioned on their website something about current 3G phones being eligible to upgrade to the 4g antenna. Can anyone confirm this and when itll be available?

I think what they mean is that
    while you won't get 4g speeds
    that your phone will get a boast of
    speed even with 3g while not being full 4g
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

I do not think that it will be able to get full 4G because in the videos and blogs where they tear the phone apart to see all the inner pieces they never mentioned anything about a 4G able radio. I do think it is possible for something like up-conversion though. I guess similar to the idea of dvd's and blue rays. There are dvd players that if used on an HD tv with the correct connections (hdmi chord or component chord) that can give better definition to a movie that is on a standard DVD.

So could the 3g potentially be a littler faster, if given a better/stronger signal, it is possible.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Samsungian

ROM
    stock/stock, stock/stock

ok cool. thanks for clearing that up guys.

I called customer service about a Vibrant related question and I also asked the rep about the 4g service. She told me this phone has HSPA+ (something like that) so 3G will be faster than regular 3G phones.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Samsungian

ROM
    stock/stock, stock/stock

hmm. I guess it could get 4G speeds, it'd be nice to know when exactly it would have access to the HSPA+ though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
    I called customer service about a Vibrant related question and I also asked the rep about the 4g service. She told me this phone has HSPA+ (something like that) so 3G will be faster than regular 3G phones.
    The vibrant does not have HSPA+. It has HSDPA and HSUPA. The only current tmobile phones that support what they are calling HSPA+ are the G2 and myTouch 4G.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk