Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Default T-Mobile Galaxy S physical differences with International Version?

Hi everyone,

I just ordered cases for my mom and dad's Galaxy S phones. However, I just found out I ordered the T-Mobile versions (T959) and we have the international version (i9000) here in the Philippines. Are the international Galaxy S phones physically identical to the T-Mobile versions?

I bought 3 of this case:

Samsung Vibrant Case, Samsung Galaxy S Tough Cases by Case-mate

On pictures they look identical. I hope I did not make a mistake here.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by e30ernest; 01-05-2011 at 12:35 PM.

If they look to be the same size/shape, then you just have to worry about the different buttons and ports on the phone lining up with the cases. If something doesn't line up, I suppose you could always do a little surgery.

I have the i9000M and that case looks like it would fit fine. In fact, the phone in the pic is identical to mine.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

I just received word from Case Mate that the case would fit the i9000 fine. Thanks for your input!

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

I have the Int'l GT-I9000M and walked into a Tmobile store the other day here in Miami, Florida and was able to fit a snap-on a crystal clear case designed for the Tmobile Vibrant and it fit just fine on my Galaxy S GT-I9000M. I also bought a screen protector and it fit fine as well.

The Tmobe Rep told me that all screen protectors for the galaxy S series stop right at the botttom b/f the lining of the buttons begin, so therefore the tmobile version has four capacitive and one hard button, the GT-I9000 series only has the hard one hard button and two capacitive (one on each side of the hard button) buttons.

Chester - iPhone using Tapatalk
    my Nexus 5 32GB