Vibrant's Froyo update starts Jan. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
yay in the pants! one less thing to talk about on the Podcast tonight - though...Captivate, Facinate and Epic owners may disagree with me!

:)

Jack

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Congrats to Vibrant owners/users. Hopefully this is a sign for the other 3, though can only wait and see how it goes.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So what was the hold-up? It was purely technical, Brodman said—it wasn't about marketing, payments or sales. Samsung sent its base 2.2 upgrade to T-Mobile in late November, and with the holiday season, it's taken until now for T-Mobile to work out the kinks and integrate its own features.

Got that from the PCMag article, so it does appear that it wasn't Samsung at all that was causing the delay.

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Here's to a LOT of Epic, Fascinate and Captivate owners being very disgruntled about this ;)

Glad to see Froyo finally out for at least one of the US Galaxy Phones. Here's to hoping this starts a chain reaction.

jheigle

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it won't take them too long to push the update out. I know it early but i haven't seen anything yet.. Samsung Vibrant owner here..

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Any reports on this actually happening today? So far there is no mention of it on the T-Mobile Forums like there was for the JI6 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz