Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default notification ringtone help needed

I can't seem to get the ringtones I've downloaded to show up in the notification menu to use them for texts or any other notification. shows up on the call ringtone but that's it. anyone else having this issue or am i doing something wrong?

Where did you download it from? A lot of times within the app if you long-press the file you downloaded it'll give you options to set as notification.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i tried it, but the only prompt was for caller ringtone, individual ringtone or alarm melody=\. good to know i can do that from the song tho, so at least i learned that, lol.

could it be the format that the ringtone maker uses or is it in the phone itself?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i tried this from my music player since that's the only way i know how to access the ring tones manually. is that where i went wrong?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Check this webpage: Samsung Galaxy S - How to add files to Notification ringtones ?

Read the 12th post down, it gives specific instructions on how to do what you want.
    greenlife27 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

awesome! it worked! thanks