Bigfoot strikes again-I stepped on my vibrant=(

greenlife27

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not a good day. i stepped on my vibrant...not a good day at all. the screen it shattered and wont show anything. it turns on. but the back is getting super warm, i wonder if i may have cracked that battery or something. the the four cap. buttons still light up but i don't know how to mount it via usb without the screen.

the other crummy thing is i dont have insurance and the phone is only 3 months old=(.

any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

thanks.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not a good day. i stepped on my vibrant...not a good day at all. the screen it shattered and wont show anything. it turns on. but the back is getting super warm, i wonder if i may have cracked that battery or something. the the four cap. buttons still light up but i don't know how to mount it via usb without the screen.

the other crummy thing is i dont have insurance and the phone is only 3 months old=(.

any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

thanks.

Did you happen to have USB debugging on? If so, you could use the Sideload Wonder Machine and install and app, just to be sure the phone is still functioning.

If you google around, there are a few services that will replace the screen for you. It'll be pricey, but not nearly as much as a new phone. If you're brave, you could try to do it yourself.

greenlife27

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you happen to have USB debugging on? If so, you could use the Sideload Wonder Machine and install and app, just to be sure the phone is still functioning.

If you google around, there are a few services that will replace the screen for you. It'll be pricey, but not nearly as much as a new phone. If you're brave, you could try to do it yourself.

unfortunately i didn't have that app. there's no way to mount with out the screen huh?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not an app, it runs on your computer. You need to have debugging enabled though. Otherwise, no, unless your digitizer is still working (possible, even if the glass is broken). Even then you would have to guess where to touch.

If the buttons come on, then the phone is probably functioning fine.

greenlife27

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's not an app, it runs on your computer. You need to have debugging enabled though. Otherwise, no, unless your digitizer is still working (possible, even if the glass is broken). Even then you would have to guess where to touch.

If the buttons come on, then the phone is probably functioning fine.

well i pulled the back cover and checked out the back to make sure all was well. put everything back, tried to turn on and nothing. now i don't what to think=\.

as far as debugging goes i dont know for sure. i dont think i changed it so i would be set to what comes from the factory. any idea which way?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
well i pulled the back cover and checked out the back to make sure all was well. put everything back, tried to turn on and nothing. now i don't what to think=\.

as far as debugging goes i dont know for sure. i dont think i changed it so i would be set to what comes from the factory. any idea which way?

Not sure then, it's weird that it doesn't start up. Does the battery look damaged at all?

Debugging is disabled by default, so you're out of luck.

greenlife27

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure then, it's weird that it doesn't start up. Does the battery look damaged at all?

Debugging is disabled by default, so you're out of luck.

it started up again!!! im suped about that at least. i can hear it register when i plug in the usb and yes i did set it to debugging after i saw it going through the SWM post. so is there hope?:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon