Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help Desperately

Alright, I have got some major problems with my Vibrant and I am hoping someone can help. I'm pretty savvy with this stuff but I have hit a wall. I've been running the Bionix 1.3.1 ROM for the past few months and was enjoying it but decided that I was going to try out the experimental CM7 ROM. I got it installed no problem but when I tried to make phone calls I couldn't hear the person on the other line and they couldn't hear me although the calls were going through and connecting. I searched everywhere for a solution to that and came up with nothing. I then decided I was going to go back to Bionix but when I tried to get that installed I keep getting an error from ClockworkMod that says that Amend scripting is no longer supported. I know what that means but I don't know how to fix the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get CM7 off and Bionix back on? Or just to get the phone working again? This is so frustrating.

Thanks all!

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

You need to go all the way back to stock with repartition with Odin coming from CM7. CM completely redoes the partitions, so that needs to be reset, and the CWM 3 doesn't support the update-script that CWM 2 ROMs use.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info. My PC crashed the same day that my phone did so I wasn't able to try this until today. ODIN kept freezing at the 'File Analysis' stage. I tried starting over again but got the Phone ! PC screen. I tried the three button fix to get back into download mode and it isn't working. I can tell the phone isn't bricked but it just won't do anything at all. I've put my SIM card back in my old G1 for the time being.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by huntingbear82 View Post
    Thanks for the info. My PC crashed the same day that my phone did so I wasn't able to try this until today. ODIN kept freezing at the 'File Analysis' stage. I tried starting over again but got the Phone ! PC screen. I tried the three button fix to get back into download mode and it isn't working. I can tell the phone isn't bricked but it just won't do anything at all. I've put my SIM card back in my old G1 for the time being.
    Try plugging it in to Odin with the Phone ! PC screen. Phone-PC just means an incomplete flash, and I think if the right file is corrupted, download mode doesn't show the picture. I've restored my phone directly from that screen, and I know a few Vibrant owners have as well.

If it keeps getting stuck at the same spot, try rebooting your computer, or a different USB port or computer.