I'm getting really sick of the battery life

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
this thing lasts maybe 4-5 MAX! I usually charge it throughout the day also. The only apps I use really is the music player at the gym. Is that what is killing it so fast WTF. Someone recommend me a T-mobile phone with better battery life

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
yea, thats a pretty bad run for battery.

are you doing anything else with our phone when youre at the gym? facebooking? angry birds?

the only times i experience battery drain that fast is when my girlfriend is playing fruit ninja or something. otherwise, when im streaming music at work i can get at least 10 hours before i get a battery alert.

i usually suspect background data to be the cause for quick battery drains. but who really knows?

the t mobile comet gets pretty good battery life, about 2 days with moderate use. if you want long battery life, dont get a smart phone. my old motorolla v60 got about 3-4 days.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
why dont you purchase the 1650 mah battery for the galaxy s2.its a direct fit. btw how long had you had your phone for? if you had it since the day it came out,batteries tend to degrade over time

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
why dont you purchase the 1650 mah battery for the galaxy s2.its a direct fit. btw how long had you had your phone for? if you had it since the day it came out,batteries tend to degrade over time

Hmmm wow... never really thought of this, I have been getting terrible battery life on my Vibrant as well, I suspect it is the battery though, or the ROM? I get around 4 or 5 hours which isn't good for me at all. I tried calibrating it but it didn't give me a noticeable battery life improvement. I might try this...

By the way I am running the Samsung Vibrant Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 RC1

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the cheapest OEM battery I could find on Amazon, 1500mah for 9 dollars... I think maybe the battery is busted? So will come back and see if this new battery is any better.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If its any help at all, my battery life when way up when I did a factory reset. I had so many apps on the phone I think one or more of them were running in the background. Not sure of this but it the battery life is way better now thats all I know. Also have just the stock wallpaper. No animations or anything.

jbt.pham

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is pretty horrible. I'm running MIUI Revamped SS with Bali Kernel, no OC or UV, 3g enabled and background data. I get about 13h with moderate use. I'm also still using the stock battery.

If your new battery doesn't work, you can always try to turn off background data, 3g, and auto brightness.

Oh and I also use SetCpu 1000/100 smartass with 400/100 on screen off profile. That helps too. :)

P.S. As I'm typing this, my phone is at 13% :p

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I also have the extended battery and it does help. I wouldn't not ever get the extended battery for any Droid I buy. Makes me feel comfortable that I can do whatever all day and not worry about battery life. Moderate to heavy use gets me 14-16 hours. Moderate to Heavy! More if I use it less. Nice.

Bullit

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
You should have that looked at. Something is wrong with your phone. I've had mine for over a year and my batt lasts all day.

Bullit

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
You should have that looked at. Something is wrong with your phone. I've had mine for over a year and my batt lasts all day.

s2kdriver80

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I get around a full day's worth, but that's just with moderate texting and several phone calls. If I start using apps and keep the display going, mine would burn through the charge in a few hours too.