1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tmobile Tiered Plans

I've been with Tmobile for 6+ years but changed my plan to 500m/unlimited text/data for 59.99 and now I see that they moved to a tiered system where they limit your 4G speeds to x mb and then throttle you down to 3G?

Since I was a member before the tiered program does this mean that I have unlimited 4G? I have a 3G Vibrant so I cant tell.

Default Re: Tmobile Tiered Plans

I would imagine that they would grandfather you in if you upgrade but not sure since the 4g stuff is newer technology.

Also, they don't throttle you down to 3g speeds. They throttle you down to EDGE speeds.

If you get a 4G phone, you'll get 4G speeds even if you stay on your current plan.
    Their 4G is the same as their 3G, just faster.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just bumped my data plan up when I got my G2X the other day...from 200 MB at $10 a month to unlimited data for $10 a month. The catch is that after the first 200 MB, your data is throttled from 4G down to Edge. That doesn't really bother me though, considering that I was using an iPhone 3GS and Palm Pre 2 before the G2X and both of those phones only have access to Edge. So, if I just keep my data usage on Egde when I'm out and about, it's basically unlimited. Now I don't have to keep switching it on and off all the time lol. Which is good because they don't make it very easy on the G2X...have to use some kind of APN work around. Only a few widgets that can turn it on/off with the new Gingerbread restriction. Oh well, problem solved by T-Mo :-)