How are the throttled speeds on the unlimited plan?

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How are the throttled speeds on the unlimited plan? With sprint dumping their perks, I was wondering what the speeds are when u go over on the unlimited plan and the speed gets throttled.....Thanks!

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............

Korama12

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Throttled speed is EDGE (2G). It's fine for web browsing if you're patient but if you're looking to download files or stream audio/video do yourself a favor and find a WiFi connection. ;)

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
On the Value Plans, the 5gb plan is only $15 more than the prices they're advertising on the radio, TV, etc. That way you'd have a little more wiggle room over the 2gb plan.

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the 5GB plan and not even using half. I use Netflix alot and T-TV, and of course all my social apps and weather updating and such. I use wifi whenever possible though. Makes a big difference.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I mesed with the phobe and in the "Wireless and network -> Mobile networks" section, you can turn on and off data, as well as switch between gsm (2g) and wcdma ("4G").

The 2G speed is pretty horrific, .10 to .15mbps, which translate to 12-18kps, this is as bad as MetroPCS 1X speed. Best not to go over that 5GB limit.

This doesn't really affect me since all I have at my house is EDGE. Damn...
That's pretty horrible.

Last edited:

iTzKPanda

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone on T-Mobile's sample data plan (200MB of data free for 30 days) and i'm getting .8 to .10 mbps. You can still load web pages, but videos are out of the question.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How can they call it unlimited if its not even usable? Lol.

Tmo should really bump the 2GB plan to 3GB. Competition is fierce and they don't have the most desirable phones.

Anyway, was hoping to snag a gsm GN and light it up on tmo, but that throttle is a deal breaker. Do they have something like ATT where if you go over, you just automatically get charged 10 bucks for the third gig?

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith