Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    CyanogenMod 9

Default Rooting the Samsung Exhibit II 4G?

I'm new to the whole Android world (came from iOS), and I need to know how to root my new phone. I already got the Android SDK, but I really don't know what else to do.

UPDATE: Well that was easy! I used SuperOneClick, worked like a charm! Sweet sauce. Now uh, what custom ROMs can I install?

Default Re: Rooting the Samsung Exhibit II 4G?

Probably not the right forum section to post this. But unless there are any rules about posting link to another forum: Anyone root the Samsung Exhibit II 4g T679 - Android Forums

You first have to install your phone USB drivers, then turn on USB Debugging before you plug the phone to your computer, setting is located at: Settings -> Application -> Development.

It doesn't seem there are much development interests in this phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    CyanogenMod 9

I did those already, and I've successfully rooted the phone.

I'm a noob, been trying to read all the info and research as much as I can about rooting so that I can get rid of the bloatware on my T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit II 4G phone.

I understand I must download and install the USB drivers as the very first step in the process. Well, I cannot find the drivers anywhere. They are not on the Samsung Support page. And when I do a Google search for Samsung USB drivers nothing viable turn up.

Where did you locate the USB drivers to download before you rooted your phone?

Thanks!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Carrier
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa Tom View Post
    I'm a noob, been trying to read all the info and research as much as I can about rooting so that I can get rid of the bloatware on my T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit II 4G phone.

I understand I must download and install the USB drivers as the very first step in the process. Well, I cannot find the drivers anywhere. They are not on the Samsung Support page. And when I do a Google search for Samsung USB drivers nothing viable turn up.

Where did you locate the USB drivers to download before you rooted your phone?

Thanks!
    I found somewhere that using the Galaxy S's drivers can work. I used THIS, it works on both 32 and 64-bit Windows.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thank you very much!

I rooted my Samsung Exhibit II 4G with this, in case anyone want this:

[WIP]Samsung Exhibit II 4G Development - xda-developers
    Recordist

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

Is anyone working on any custom ROMs for the Exhibit II yet?

Sent via VM670

yes, there is someone working on it
    link: [ROM] Exhibit II RebelROM 2.0 (2/6/12) - xda-developers

its still in development (version 2.0) and so you can help him test it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Carrier
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by mikezh8 View Post
    yes, there is someone working on it
    link: [ROM] Exhibit II RebelROM 2.0 (2/6/12) - xda-developers

its still in development (version 2.0) and so you can help him test it.
    Haha I was his first tester :P

hi guys, I cant seem to get the usb connected while debugging is on. The phone promps me to disconnect or turn off debugging,. I cant hook up to my laptop and be debugging at the same time. Zerg rush wont recgenize. anyone ever see this. or am I doing something wrong.