1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question T-Mobile Small Business Plans

Hello everyone. I have a few questions about the T-mobile small business plans for you guys. I'm a sole proprietor and I want to purchase a line on one of these plans. The problem is, I do not have the Federal Tax ID that they require for verification of the business because my business is associated with my Social Security Number instead (there is no need for a Federal Tax ID when you have no employees). So can anyone tell me if I can just give them my SSN rather than a Federal Tax ID when I'm signing up?

Also, does anyone know what hours the T-Mobile small business department works, and do they work on weekends? I heard that they close earlier than the regular departments. Thanks for any and all responses.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Default Re: T-Mobile Small Business Plans

Without the Federal Tax ID, you wouldn't be able to set it up under the small business plans. However, you can still set up an account under the SSN and have it billed to the business.

The business department is open Monday through Saturday and closed on Sunday. Hope that helps!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

First of all, I just want to say I really appreciate your help.

So what you're saying is that I cannot purchase a small business plan AT ALL without a Federal Tax ID? I would have to buy a regular consumer plan?
    Oh, and do you know what time the business department closes?

Thanks again!

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Unfortunately, that's correct. I can't remember what time they're open, but I can definitely check in when I'm back at work tomorrow and let you know :-)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Great, thanks a lot!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hey, its me again hahaha. I just have one more question before I turn you loose. I found a thread last night about the exact same situation I'm in. A T-Mobile employee DID manage to sell another sole proprietor a business plan even though he only had a SSN, not a Federal Tax ID. Take a look at the second bullet point of "aadrian0624"'s comment on the second page of this thread, he explains the situation pretty well:

What do you think? Can't I do the same thing?

Man, its nice to have someone to ask these questions, I posted my original problem on several other forums, but I haven't recieved any responses at all. I'm glad there are still employees like you who take pride in what they do

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Unfortunately that thread was from almost nine years ago, and the business system, requirements, and plans have been completely revamped.

You can still get some amazing plans/deals with the consumer plans, but you just don't necessarily get the business-side perks (tax write offs, etc.).

Let me know if I can be of any other help, I love being able to answer questions
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Darn. Oh well, Just one more teensy tiny question: could you find out the T-Mobile business line hours for me? Thanks so much

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyStillRemains View Post
    Darn. Oh well, Just one more teensy tiny question: could you find out the T-Mobile business line hours for me? Thanks so much
    Ok, I tracked it down for you and double checked the times.

Business Credit is open Monday through Friday 4 am to 7 pm Pacific time. Saturdays they're open 5 am to 7 pm Pacific time and closed on Sundays.

You should be all set
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Great! Thanks again!

hi all
    How many lines can I add in small business plan. I am looking to have 10/15 lines in one account. is it possible?