$30 Monthly4G (SIM + Activation Kit) Problems???

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Nexus direct from Google Play which is arriving tomorrow and I plan on using it with T-Mobile's Monthly4G plan. The SIM Card + Activation kit I purchased will not arrive until a week from now and I have read a lot of reviews/threads/post on every other forums stating that people were having trouble activating the SIM cards and activation kits they ordered directly from t-mobile.com and were not able to choose the $30 Warmart plan. T-Mobile's customer service line just directed them and told them that they need to purchase a phone from Walmart in order to get that specific plan even though T-Mobile's website states otherwise.

So has anyone have had recent problems activating their SIM? I was planning on purchasing the cheapest prepaid phone kit walmart has which is $20.00 and using that SIM card but that's a waste of $20.00 for something I already have/ordered.

Vinte419

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the sim and activation kit from t-mobiles website, got it activated, called their customer service to get the 30 dollar plan. They asked if I bought my phone from wal-mart, told i did but it was an unlocked phone and they set me up.

Reactions: pinoyplaya4life

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought and activated on the T-Mobile website a few months ago and it worked fine then. I can't vouch for it now.

hamlet423#AC

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people have issues with activating online! I tried doing it last night and had all kinds of problems, had to call and STILL had problems

I found out- if your activation call does not work call 800-672-5390 for sales, ask to deal with an existing order, they will then talk to the activation team with the proper override codes and then they can set up your account online.

I just did this a few minutes ago and the account looks like it was just turned on, finally!

I bought the kit from tmobile so I don't know why I would have such trouble getting them to accept their own activation code....but whatever!

$30 a month for 100 min and 5 gig of data is still a pretty good deal

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This seems like an awesome plan. I'm planning on switching from ATT and just unlocking my skyrocket. It will be edge service for a while until I can get an unlocked phone from T-mobile. I'll see what I end up doing, this is just too good to pass up. I text and use data WAY more than what I talk on the phone.

So just to clarify, from this address Prepaid Cell Plans | No Contract Plans | Text, Talk or Web | T-Mobile here I order first the Sim card for 99c and then put it into the unlocked phone of my choosing? I'm a bit confused.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This seems like an awesome plan. I'm planning on switching from ATT and just unlocking my skyrocket. It will be edge service for a while until I can get an unlocked phone from T-mobile. I'll see what I end up doing, this is just too good to pass up. I text and use data WAY more than what I talk on the phone.

So just to clarify, from this address Prepaid Cell Plans | No Contract Plans | Text, Talk or Web | T-Mobile here I order first the Sim card for 99c and then put it into the unlocked phone of my choosing? I'm a bit confused.

Yeah, just order the sim card

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/...id-Micro-and-Standard-combiSIM-Activation-Kit

There and once it arrives you put it in the phone and you can activate it online to the plan you would like :)

theqmaster

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I already have t-mobile number (pay as you go). Can I still keep my number ? I spoke with the guys at the t-mobile they said you can but I can't figure it out. Is it during the activation ?

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I already have t-mobile number (pay as you go). Can I still keep my number ? I spoke with the guys at the t-mobile they said you can but I can't figure it out. Is it during the activation ?

It should be during the activation, although *technically* the $30 plan is for new customers; in other words people who are already with tmobile might have a hard time getting their number ported to the new card. I don't know for certain; you'd just have to try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12