Debating leaving Verizon for T-Mobile in SoCal...

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a ton of data issues on Verizon's 4G on my second Droid Bionic and thinking it's just the network. Since it looks like you guys might be getting the Galaxy S3 first I'm thinking about coming over for one. How is the T-Mobile network in general and specifically to 4G in L.A.and Orange counties?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I live in OC, go to school in LA. Data speeds are generally good in OC, hit and miss in LA. There are certain areas on campus while walking where I'll stop listening to Pandora because I know the streaming will stop on its own. I'm not sure how much is T-Mobs network and how much is my crappy Sensation's radio. A GS3 that is plastic vs. reception killing aluminum and is HSPA + 42 vs. HSPA +14.4 should do great in the OC and LA areas.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Get one of the newer HSPA + phones and you'll be fine. I just left Verizon and find T-Mobile's network speeds to be consistently faster. Not the fastest everywhere, but more consistent. Verizon's network is all over the place.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
that so Jon? Hmm. I live in STL and i'm considering leaving VZW for tmo due to the "share everything" stupidity. I've had them before and loved them.

I've recently experienced some random signal dropping on vzw too.

How is the Galaxy S3? Battery wise and such?

dalmi

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Debating on the same thing myself. Was thinking about buying the galaxy nexus off of the Google play store and using the $30 prepaid plan T-Mobile. Would save me a lot of money, but I have a ways to go on my contract. :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair