Data Plan Ideas

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Since AT&T and Verizon have increased their data plans recently, it's time for T-Mobile to follow suit.

$5 for 1 GB
$10 for 3 GB
$25 for 6 GB+Hotspot
$50 for 12 GB+Hotspot

On each plan, one would get throttled down to EDGE speeds if they went over their allotted high-speed data.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think tack $10 onto those prices and you're more likely to be in the ballpark. But T-Mobile has always had somewhat different plans than the competition, so I'm not completely convinced they'll be following that format at all.

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
That would be a great marketing move if they want to increase their share. Now is exactly the right time to do it. Currently I'm a life long VZW customer, but had enough of all the extra fees and increasing charges. My bill is going up, and I'm using less. There are a lot of unhappy VZW customers right now.

I recently bought a t-mobile hotspot hockey puck, bought a $25 prepay card to test it out with my laptop and tablets. Go figure, the service is no different than VZW in my area, lightning fast 4g speed, same coverage I need and I couldn't be more pleased. Still testing it out, but so far so good.

If this keeps up, I'll move everything else over from VZW. I can only buy the "we're better than everyone else" crap for so long. No point paying more money for VZW when I can get the same thing for less elsewhere.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I'd caution you on with T-Mobile is it's generally spottier if you take a lot of road trips or travel to small cities and rural areas. It's awesome if you rarely leave urban areas, but you can find yourself without even a phone once you leave city limits, let alone a data connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan