Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheKISSarmy
  • 1 Post By Jon_Doh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default TMO Customer Service Just Lost a 5-Line Customer Today!

    I'm done! After sticking with Tmo for the past six years due, in large part, to what "was" once great customer service, I'll be taking my five lines to ATT.

    I tried to order an already-outdated SG Note through Customer Care, but was quoted a price of $490, even though I was eligible for a full upgrade. Eventually, I was able to get the phone down to $199 (after a credit to my phone bill) and received it four days ago. That's when I noticed that I couldn't access any messaging/texting functions and promptly called Tech Support. They agreed to ship me a new Note as a replacement, but said that I had to process it through Customer Care. When I spoke to Customer Care, they told me that they couldn't send me a new phone and that I'd have to speak to New Phone Sales to process it. When I called New Phone Sales, they told me that they couldn't process it and that I'd have to call Customer Care to process it. Despite me asking to speak with a supervisor each time I was bounced to one of the departments, I repeatedly was interrupted and spoken over by the reps (especially those in Customer Care) and never connected to a supervisor and simply told to hold while they transferred me back to the other department. I was bounced between these two helpless departments EIGHT TIMES over two days before I started yelling into the phone to finally get this processed!

    It wasn't over yet. They finally said they'd be sending me a replacement phone, but told me that it had to be a REFURBISHED phone. SERIOUSLY?!?!? I just spent all of this money on an outdated phone that never worked properly and I was going to have to live with a refurbed phone to boot? After exploding and yelling again, the rep finally agreed to send me a new phone, but said that I'd have to ship the broken phone back to them on my own - they wouldn't even send me a pre-paid envelop to ship it back to them. For all of my trouble with my new phone, the rep said he'd give me a whopping $10 off of my bill.

    I told them that their customer service was HORRIFIC and that, as a result, I would be taking my five lines and leaving Tmobile as each line came due for it's upgrade. It's a shame, b/c my wife and I have stayed with Tmo for over six years in large part b/c of their customer service, but this latest fiasco has pushed me over the edge. One of my wife's clients is a high-level Tmo exec and has helped us with the few customer service issues we've had over the years, but I shouldn't have to keep going through him to get the basic customer service that a six-year customer (or any customer) deserves. The exec WILL know about this situation, but not until the day after I deactivate our first line.

    If you or anyone you know is considering Tmobile as a mobile carrier - tell them about my situation b/c it's not just a one-off incident, but part of a well-documented decline in the customer service that this international company is willing to provide it's most loyal customers.

    Goodbye Tmobile - I won't miss you!
    ChromeJob likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Damn that definitely sucks!

    I'm moving from Canada & have been with the 3 "big" Canadian carriers having problems with all of them.
    That being said, I still do plan to join Tmo later this month. Mostly because VZW & Sprint don't support my GSM GNex.
    I was considering AT&T but Tmo kinda hooked me with their 30$ unlimited Data plan. I always buy unlocked phones though so if they become too unbearable I'll look elsewhere.


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: TMO Customer Service Just Lost a 5-Line Customer Today!

    I just moved to att and i like them so far! I hope everything is better for you at att. For me its been great! first 2 bills have all been the same so the amount isn't changing all the time as well!

    Like you I would have bad CS too. Att gives both good CS and great signal in my area. Hope the same follows you!

    Good luck!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  4. #4  

    Default

    T-Mobile customer service is rubbish. They're nice enough, but amazingly useless for any but the most simple and routine of tasks, which they still manage to bungle about half the time.

    It is, however, cheap, and its product is good. For 1/3 the price of the competition, I'm willing to put up with T-Mobile's shortcomings.
  5. #5  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default

    At&t ain't much better been with them since 08 had my ups and downs but that sounds like people that just don't care period
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  6. #6  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    At&t ain't much better been with them since 08 had my ups and downs but that sounds like people that just don't care period
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    So far I have found att service to be great. Granted I'm needed and already has to have them fix my account.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  7. #7  
    cyanogen-man's Avatar

    Posts
    1,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

    Default

    Yea art gets gay like that ;(

    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: TMO Customer Service Just Lost a 5-Line Customer Today!

    It's gotten even better! Today, I called to see where my replacement Note, that was supposedly overnighted to me on Monday morning, is. After speaking to two people at Tmo, I was told that no phone was ever shipped and that the terms that were promised me would have to be reviewed and approved by upper management before a shipment could be made. The rep went on to say that, "it looks like they may have forgotten to approve your order." That's just what every loyal customer wants to here when they've already had issue after issue.

    I told them that as contracts on my five phone lines expire, I'll be cancelling them and moving to ATT. I don't care if I have to pay three times as much, Tmo will not get a penny more than what I have to pay those turds.
  9. #9  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: TMO Customer Service Just Lost a 5-Line Customer Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by The KISS Army View Post
    It's gotten even better! Today, I called to see where my replacement Note, that was supposedly overnighted to me on Monday morning, is. After speaking to two people at Tmo, I was told that no phone was ever shipped and that the terms that were promised me would have to be reviewed and approved by upper management before a shipment could be made. The rep went on to say that, "it looks like they may have forgotten to approve your order." That's just what every loyal customer wants to here when they've already had issue after issue.

    I told them that as contracts on my five phone lines expire, I'll be cancelling them and moving to ATT. I don't care if I have to pay three times as much, Tmo will not get a penny more than what I have to pay those turds.
    I think I'd be super pissed if it was me! I say go for it and leave! Bad CS is a huge no in my book.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  10. #10  

    Default

    ATT isn't all that much better.

    If you haven't talked to the "Loyalty" dept, ask for them and read your two posts to them.

    // Sent using the Android Central app //

    ADDENDUM: I had T-mo from about 2004 (or was it 2003) to 2006. After my required period on contract, I asked for an upgrade to T-Mo's new Nokia for the same price offered to new customers. I was offered a measly $50 off of their full price, and the sales rep offered other phones that I didn't want (all at a slight discount, but 100s of $ more than new customers would pay). I don't recall if I was escalated to Loyalty, but I was on the phone for 20 minutes comparing special offers (plan discounts, because I'd be signing on to a new plans) finally just saying, "Look, AT&T has a nice Nokia I can get for FREE right now, and I'm willing to pay the $100 you charge a new customer for your Nokia, and stay with you. Don't you want me to keep me as a customer?" The poor rep couldn't answer, because the obvious answer was, "no, not if we can't screw you on the retail price of a new phone."

    So the next day, I became an AT&T customer for 6 years. I never even upgraded my phone with AT&T (stupid and lazy on my part, I could've gotten refurb iPhones for $99). Pity that I changed in December, I didn't want the Vivid or Inspire, and the Amaze appeared (at the time) to be a superb phone. I wish I'd waited, I could be rocking a One X with a better plan, better price, and better service (we have a corporate AT&T rep who comes to our office in Raleigh).

    But instead I'm back with T-Mo. Bad mistake on my part. I'll probably be gone in 22 months on the dot, just like last time. No wonder they can't merge or be bought.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 08-26-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added facts from my own experience
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  11. #11  
    vito032's Avatar

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

    Default

    I use to have a blackberry 8900 thought t-mobile and it was nothing but a headache! The phone was replaced 5 time for different reasons. I had no trouble ever getting it replaced. but the thing that had me most frustrated was that it kept dropping our not even connecting calls. I reset everything and got a replacement and it was still doing the same thing. I come to find out through the costumer service that the 3g on the phone was known to drop calls and there wasn't anything they could do about it. This was after i told them i wanted to leave t-mobile. I talked to there loyalty department and i ended up getting the galaxy s2 for free and a free month of service. This was back in December i wish i would have known the S3 was coming out so soon after i would have held out for it. And it does help that I've been with t-mobile since 96. Also i was told t-mobile had a lemon policy on there phones. If you have trouble or send the phone back to them with the same issue 3 times. They will not send you the same phone and you can get the phone if your choose. I was told this by people at a t-mobile store and on the phone. So you might want to go into a store and talk to someone.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by vito032; 08-26-2012 at 12:14 PM.
  12. #12  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    ATT isn't all that much better.

    If you haven't talked to the "Loyalty" dept, ask for them and read your two posts to them.

    // Sent using the Android Central app //

    ADDENDUM: I had T-mo from about 2004 (or was it 2003) to 2006. After my required period on contract, I asked for an upgrade to T-Mo's new Nokia for the same price offered to new customers. I was offered a measly $50 off of their full price, and the sales rep offered other phones that I didn't want (all at a slight discount, but 100s of $ more than new customers would pay). I don't recall if I was escalated to Loyalty, but I was on the phone for 20 minutes comparing special offers (plan discounts, because I'd be signing on to a new plans) finally just saying, "Look, AT&T has a nice Nokia I can get for FREE right now, and I'm willing to pay the $100 you charge a new customer for your Nokia, and stay with you. Don't you want me to keep me as a customer?" The poor rep couldn't answer, because the obvious answer was, "no, not if we can't screw you on the retail price of a new phone."

    So the next day, I became an AT&T customer for 6 years. I never even upgraded my phone with AT&T (stupid and lazy on my part, I could've gotten refurb iPhones for $99). Pity that I changed in December, I didn't want the Vivid or Inspire, and the Amaze appeared (at the time) to be a superb phone. I wish I'd waited, I could be rocking a One X with a better plan, better price, and better service (we have a corporate AT&T rep who comes to our office in Raleigh).

    But instead I'm back with T-Mo. Bad mistake on my part. I'll probably be gone in 22 months on the dot, just like last time. No wonder they can't merge or be bought.
    So far I like att. I left sprint for them. A lot better Imo!

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  13. #13  

    Default

    I had a similar issue when upgrading my phone. I was a dedicated blackberry user for years and hadn't upgraded my phone in 50mths (that's right, 4yrs and 2mths) and decided I wanted to go android so I was checking out the Amaze and the Blaze mainly because they were in my price range and with my full discount either phone would've been $150, then tmo had a sell where the Amaze was free to new customers so I was like I'm entitled to new customer pricing and called and said I wanted the Amaze and that's where the bs started.

    They told me I couldn't have the Amaze because it was a Web only offer I told them that the 32gb GS3 was too but if I decided to spend $600+ for it you wouldn't tell me I couldn't have it. The loyalty department tried to offer me a windows phone that wouldn't even take sd cards so when I turned that down they offered me the Blaze for $100 plus $10 off my bill for 6mths, I told them to kiss my a$$ that petty $10 wouldn't even cover my tax. (Mind you I'm a 6yr customer and have 2 lines on my account and every phone I have ever bought has been over $400 easy and both lines have unlimited everything....) I asked to speak to a supervisor and they kept putting me on hold as well and saying that there was none around. I told them that I'm on a blackberry with a full charge, two spare batteries and a ton of patience and that if I got disconnected that I would be calling right back!

    They finally got me on the phone with a supervisor and promptly sent me to another department who offered me the Blaze for free and checked to find out that the Amaze was actually out of stock and on back order because HTC was pulling the phone due to it competing too much with their new One S.

    Needless to say I got a free phone and a full apology. My blackberry had been giving me problems and so I got that phone replaced too (with another blackberry of course) it goes without saying that I will be throwing my long term weight around with tmo until I'm tired of them and then I will be switching as well.

    All you have to do is know who to talk to and how to talk to them.... And for the record yes I did cuss a lot and threatened to cancel my services immediately if I didn't get what I wanted. I told them I wasn't going to pay the early disconnect fees either and would file bankruptcy before I let a dime come out my pocket otherwise.



    Sent from my SGH-T769 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: TMO Customer Service Just Lost a 5-Line Customer Today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyn74mw View Post
    .... and checked to find out that the Amaze was actually out of stock and on back order because HTC was pulling the phone due to it competing too much with their new One S.
    I'm calling BS on this. I think they're pulling it (IF they are) due to all the complaints and problems with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyn74mw View Post
    ... And for the record yes I did cuss a lot and threatened ... wasn't going to pay the early disconnect fees either and would file bankruptcy ...
    Yeah. Boy that would sure teach them a lesson. ... I can imagine the support staff snickering while on MUTE at your threat to annihilate your credit (and risk losing any assets worth more than $4000) just to get out of paying T-Mo a couple of hundred dollars.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: TMO Customer Service Just Lost a 5-Line Customer Today!

    Write the company president a letter (not an email) and tell them what happened. Yelling at the customer service rep will accomplish nothing. They have limited authority and basically don't care if you leave the company. But the company exec's do care if customer's leave over stuff like this. While AT&T and Verizon Worthless have been gaining new customers T-Mobile has been shedding them the past couple of years. Hence, all the new marketing campaigns. Problem is, limited coverage, slow data speeds once you leave 4G areas and lousy customer service runs off more customers than the new gimmicks can bring in.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Posting Permissions

B