Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattyb1085
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need advice on what phone to buy, budget $200-300

Title says it all. Lost my LG G2x, hoping someone can advise me on what phones fall within my budget as "used." The budget's $200-300, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Phone should be easily flashable and have a good track record. I wasn't all too happy about the Tegra 2's drivers not being "open" enough and easy to work with for the modders, and I hear that contributed to a less than optimal ICS experience. The phone also needs a good track record for reliability. The problem with the G2x was that even after rooting/flashing, I'd still get the occasional random reset. Great battery life is always a plus, but I tend to get extended batteries anyway.

The phone will run on T-Mobile's $30/month prepaid plan.

Default Re: Need advice on what phone to buy, budget $200-300

An unlocked Galaxy Nexus is only $349 from the Google Play Store. It meets all your needs except it's 49 dollars over your budget. It's the best phone for the price.
    - Keith
    ChromeJob likes this.

That's tricky. You might be able to find a cheaper phone used that would fit in your budget. Perhaps something like the Galaxy S 2 for T-Mobile?

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: Need advice on what phone to buy, budget $200-300

How about a One S? I'm going prepaid as well, and I have been considering both the One S, One X, and GNex, all of which I have seen in the $275-325 range locally. Typically, the One X and GNex are over that, but I see the One S all day at $300.
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4