How to best boost 2G signal at home?

DrKrizzle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My family just renewed with Tmo -> Galaxy S3 for me, yay! iPhone4s for my wife, and Gravity TXT for my daughter, booo! Anyway, I can do Wifi calling with the S3, but my wife and daughter are having a tough time with calls. We never had good coverage at home, but we had decent luck with Wifi calling with our MyTouch 4g's.
I tried looking into the Cel-Fi service that Tmo provides, but it won't work with 2g phones. Only 3G/4G phones

So, bottom line, what would be the best commercial option for what I assume would be the 1900MHz band that my wife and daughter need to boost our signal at home?

Thanks for the input!

DrKrizzle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Uh, yeah. I got that part. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has actually used a product or has radio spectrum knowledge. TV antennas I found out will not be useful.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Uh, yeah. I got that part. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has actually used a product or has radio spectrum knowledge. TV antennas I found out will not be useful.

Not since the early 90s when 800 mhz was it.

Galaxy Nexus / Tapatalk 2

hotbyz168

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My family just renewed with Tmo -> Galaxy S3 for me, yay! iPhone4s for my wife, and Gravity TXT for my daughter, booo! Anyway, I can do Wifi calling with the S3, but my wife and daughter are having a tough time with calls. We never had good coverage at home, but we had decent luck with Wifi calling with our MyTouch 4g's.
I tried looking into the Cel-Fi service that Tmo provides, but it won't work with 2g phones. Only 3G/4G phones

So, bottom line, what would be the best commercial option for what I assume would be the 1900MHz band that my wife and daughter need to boost our signal at home?

Thanks for the input!

What about Google voice, Google talk or tango? Google voice you can forward the calls from mobile to Google voice number and I'm pretty sure you can use voip over wifi

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums