Coverage in NJ

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the new nexus 4 and switching from verizon to tmobiles $30 a month 5gb of data plan. I've been doing my research and it says I'm in an excellent to very good coverage zone based on where I usually am (be it home/work/school). However I have also noticed some people saying the coverage map said the same thing yet their service is nothing like it should be. Does anyone know how the coverage actually is from experience. I am in central NJ about 40 minutes south of NYC.

Thanks

zanshin825

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in North Jersey, and I tried t mobile last week. Bad timing with the storm, obviously. That said, the network was inconsistent for me, particularly for data. I sent the phones back and will stick with Verizon for now... But I will revisit t mobile in February or so after they launch the lte network which should fill in some of their gaps.

They give you 14 days to test the network without penalty, so I'd use that before canceling with Verizon just to be safe.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
With prepaid, you have 30 days to return any device you might purchase from Tmobile, but you'd pay the restocking fee and wouldn't get the $30 for the service back.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I live in NorthEast PA and work in Paterson NJ so I go straight across 80 West to East and I can tell you the coverage varies quite a bit on Tmo. There are places where the coverage is very very good and also places where it is non-existent. The closer you get to NYC the better the service seems to get as a general statement.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm in North Jersey, and I tried t mobile last week. Bad timing with the storm, obviously. That said, the network was inconsistent for me, particularly for data. I sent the phones back and will stick with Verizon for now... But I will revisit t mobile in February or so after they launch the lte network which should fill in some of their gaps.

They give you 14 days to test the network without penalty, so I'd use that before canceling with Verizon just to be safe.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Definitely bad timing with the storm. TM had some serious outage problems in Rockland County, NY and North Jersey that lasted about a week. My service before and since everything is back up and running is excellent. Coverage very thorough too. In fact, after the storm my speeds have increased as well. In addition to fixing what was damaged maybe things were optimized in the process.

So in my experience, North Jersey, mostly Bergen County, service is top notch.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc