Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Coverage around Central Iowa

I'm with verizon and honestly have had enough with my Galaxy Nexus. It restarts everytime I go on Spotify with it plugged into my car and just randomly reboots when it wants. I was planning on getting the $30 a month t-mobile unlimited. Would like to know how coverage is before I jump in

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Default Re: T-Mobile Coverage around Central Iowa

Just keep in mind that prepaid coverage isn't necessarily the same as the post paid coverage.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

T-mobile coverage web page has separate maps for contact and pre-pay which detail the differences pretty well. Basically boils down to pre-pay does roam on data.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely something I'm looking into myself. Already got a SIM card from T-Mobile. Just waiting to get the N4. the prepaid map looked like it covered at least des Moines. Figured I would try it out and I'd I didn't like it at least I would have options. The N4 will be my first gsm phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It probably will be my first gsm phone as well, just depends on how long I can prolong Nexus :P Thought I got lucky from all the complaints on first weeks when it was out but I guess not. I'm about 20min north of Des Moines so depends on how coverage is. I'm kinda falling in love with the DNA though.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

If you're going prepaid - Unless you're on south of Ames and on I35, or in DSM proper 100% of the time I wouldn't do it. I have Tmobile Monthly 4g and travel back to Iowa to see family a couple times a year, and their service just doesn't cut it. I have a SIM from iWireless that I use when I go back, cause they have pretty good coverage throughout Iowa.

If you're going postpaid - Do it, as Tmobile postpaid accounts will roam on iWireless without trouble.