Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zorak950
  • 1 Post By chunkcohen
  • 1 Post By zorak950
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Re: the $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan (exclusive to T-Mobile online and Walmart)?

    For calling, are there free nights and weekends? Can't seem to find any info on that.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    There's no free anything on prepaid. You don't even get Visual Voicemail. On the bright side, the voice overage rate is only 10 a minute, so you can go quite a bit over 100 and still pay less than for the unlimited voice plans. Of course, since it's prepaid you'll need the money to cover it in your T-Mobile account ahead of time.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,831 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    There's no free anything on prepaid. You don't even get Visual Voicemail. On the bright side, the voice overage rate is only 10 a minute, so you can go quite a bit over 100 and still pay less than for the unlimited voice plans. Of course, since it's prepaid you'll need the money to cover it in your T-Mobile account ahead of time.
    Thanks!

    If you go over 100, can you just fill it with another $30 immediately?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Depending on how you add funds there can be some lag time with the bank transfers; they recommend you put money in a full day before you intend to need it, but to be honest I've never run out of funds on the fly so I don't know how long it really takes. My assumption is that using a credit card, for example, would be pretty much instant. For convenience, though, I usually keep a few bucks sitting in my prepaid account for contingencies.

    If you're asking whether you can re-up the whole plan before the 30-day expiration the answer is no, but you can keep as much money sitting in your prepaid account as you want to cover minute overages as long as you're careful about not letting the funds expire. If you run out of high-speed data though, you'll be stuck on 2G until your next plan charge date. Not that it's a big deal, but also be sure you note that prepaid plans are charged on a 30-day cycle, not on a given day of the month, so unlike post-paid your charge date will jump around.
  5. #5  
    chunkcohen's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    There's no free anything on prepaid. You don't even get Visual Voicemail.
    Easy enough to fix with Google Voice though. :-) GV's visual voicemail is also far superior to anything the postpaid carriers offer and they give you message transcription for FREE.
    tube517 likes this.
  6. #6  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    Easy enough to fix with Google Voice though. :-) GV's visual voicemail is also far superior to anything the postpaid carriers offer and they give you message transcription for FREE.
    In fact, T-Mobile's Visual Voicemail app DOES work on prepaid plans.
  7. #7  
    terminalinfinity's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    Depending on how you add funds there can be some lag time with the bank transfers; they recommend you put money in a full day before you intend to need it, but to be honest I've never run out of funds on the fly so I don't know how long it really takes. My assumption is that using a credit card, for example, would be pretty much instant. For convenience, though, I usually keep a few bucks sitting in my prepaid account for contingencies.

    If you're asking whether you can re-up the whole plan before the 30-day expiration the answer is no, but you can keep as much money sitting in your prepaid account as you want to cover minute overages as long as you're careful about not letting the funds expire. If you run out of high-speed data though, you'll be stuck on 2G until your next plan charge date. Not that it's a big deal, but also be sure you note that prepaid plans are charged on a 30-day cycle, not on a given day of the month, so unlike post-paid your charge date will jump around.
    I don't think this is true. I looked up refilling your account and I believe you can renew your billing cycle early, you'll just lose any minutes you have remaining. I guess I'll find out when I hit my cap.
    As the others have said, there is nothing free with prepaid. However it's still far better than paying 100+ a month to verizon for minutes I don't use.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    Easy enough to fix with Google Voice though. :-) GV's visual voicemail is also far superior to anything the postpaid carriers offer and they give you message transcription for FREE.
    But conditional call forwarding isn't included in that plan.

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  9. #9  
    chunkcohen's Avatar

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    But conditional call forwarding isn't included in that plan.

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Right, but if you go all-in with GV, it doesn't really matter.
  10. #10  
    Ticojpunk's Avatar
    Recordist

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    In fact, T-Mobile's Visual Voicemail app DOES work on prepaid plans.
    No it doesn't... but please prove me wrong because I want it.

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticojpunk View Post
    No it doesn't... but please prove me wrong because I want it.

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know how I can PROVE you wrong. But I'm on T-Mobile prepaid $30 plan and I installed the Visual Voicemail app from the Play Store and it works.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    I don't know how I can PROVE you wrong. But I'm on T-Mobile prepaid $30 plan and I installed the Visual Voicemail app from the Play Store and it works.
    Huh. I tried that a few months ago and it didn't. I should give it another shot; it's pretty much the only thing I miss about postpaid.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: ..that $30 100 min, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data (throttled at 5GB) plan?

    ...What do you know, it does work. Awesome.
    dwd3885 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Unlimited text, limited data, and Google Voice
    By calvingarner in forum Verizon
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 08:10 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 08:49 PM
  3. H2O unlimited text,call & data for $60/mo
    By chestvrg in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
  5. Unlimited Data =\= Unlimited Texting?
    By kstufff in forum Verizon
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions