1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default $30 plan 100 min prepaid - only new activations?

Follow me...Can I buy the tmobile prepaid $30 100 min talk/unmited data & text...activate it on an old iphone 3g use it for a couple months and then switch it to the nexus 4 when it becomes available? Please keep in mind that the iphone uses regular sims vs. nexsus uses micro sim's. Can I just tranfer over to the new sim?

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: $30 plan 100 min prepaid - only new activations?

For a couple dollars you can buy a cutter that will cut down a Mini SIM to a Micro SIM.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dave43 View Post
    Follow me...Can I buy the tmobile prepaid $30 100 min talk/unmited data & text...activate it on an old iphone 3g use it for a couple months and then switch it to the nexus 4 when it becomes available? Please keep in mind that the iphone uses regular sims vs. nexsus uses micro sim's. Can I just tranfer over to the new sim?
    Some people have reported success in getting T-mobile to allow outside phones for new activations on the 30/month however in the agreement between wal-mart and t-mobile, phones purchased at Wal-mart or the T-mobile website are supposed to be the only ones eligible for the plan.
    So if you could get them to agree to let you on the 30/month plan then you shouldnt have any problem switching phones. But thats a big IF. T-mobile people I talked to trying to get my friend's 4S on it were very unhelpful "T-mobile told us we cant allow non-walmart phones on the plan"

Quote Originally Posted by terminalinfinity View Post
    Some people have reported success in getting T-mobile to allow outside phones for new activations on the 30/month however in the agreement between wal-mart and t-mobile, phones purchased at Wal-mart or the T-mobile website are supposed to be the only ones eligible for the plan.
    You need to buy a phone from Walmart if you're activating the plan through Walmart. If you're activating through T-Mobile.com you only need to be a new customer (or, more accurately, open a new account).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So once activated I can just switch over my plan to a new sim in a different phone?...I'm worried about using a cutter and damaging the SIM card.

see this note from AC the other day, if you get the micro sim that goes in the N4 - you should be able to go to the store and get the adapter:

T-Mobile stores starting to carry microSIM adapters | Android Central