Timely Updates???

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have not been on t-mobile before, and am now considering them. How are they at getting software updates out to the higher end phones? Are they pretty similar to the other carriers? I am on Sprint and they usually are very quick to push them out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Tmobiles first dual core phone, the G2x, was released in April 2011 on froyo but was updated to Gingerbread a few months later. While the International version of that phone(2x) has been enjoying Ice Cream Sandwich since September 2012 we're still waiting for our 4.0 update. This happened only in South Korea though.

I'd be happy if 4.0 was released, but won't expect it to get Jellybean ota update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I understand what you are saying, but there are a lot of older phones that get phased out of lifecycle support. The part I liked to hear was they moved quickly from froyo to gb.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Even better news is that Tmobiles S3 received its Jellybean update not to long after Sprints version (which was the first us carrier to receive the update) . I'd "lol" if anyone other then Verizon or At&t version of the S3 manage to get the ota update before them.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1