Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NotJustAPhone
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two Active SIM Cards?

I plan on getting a Nexus 4, however my current phone uses a mini sim card. I would have to go and get a micro sim card from T-Mobile for $10. My question is, what will happen to my previous sim? Will it become deactivated and useless? Will any information stored on it get deleted? I know that I can cut it out and place it in the Nexus 4, but I'd rather just get a whole new sim all together. And I know you can transfer sims between phones, but I guess when they activate the new sim I cannot do anything with the old one, correct?

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Re: Two Active SIM Cards?

$10? I was by my local T-Mobile corporate store a few weeks ago and they told me $20 to upgrade to a micro-SIM and that although they had a SIM cutter that they could not guaranteed tat the cut SIM would work and cited many customers who could not get service after having their SIM cut.

When a new SIM is activated on your account the old one is deactivated. A cutter can work, but you can also get a micro SIM and one of those new adapters T-Mobile is selling if you're paranoid, which achieved the same thing.

I don't know what the policy is supposed to be, but as a current customer when I went in to switch SIMs, they gave me the new one for free. If your store wants to charge you, I'd try another store.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

I just bought the nexus 4 and ordered my sim card activations kit from tmobile at the same time what size sim does it come with?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    I just bought the nexus 4 and ordered my sim card activations kit from tmobile at the same time what size sim does it come with?

When I ordered from the T-Mobile website, there was a choice between a mini SIM and micro SIM.
    Thanked by:
    taylorz_412 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    When I ordered from the T-Mobile website, there was a choice between a mini SIM and micro SIM.
    I see that now I may have messed up..... oh well il just cut it if it's the wrong size

By company policy a customer should only be charged for a new sim card when the old one was lost or stolen. If you are just upgrading to a micro sim there should not be any charge. Also if you buy one of the sim adaptors the stores are selling now, then you won't have to keep going back and forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums