Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to force phone (N4) to ignore 3g when weaker HSPA signal available?

Sitting at my desk downtown Chicago some days I get HSPA, some days only Edge. Assuming the HSPA signal is still around when I have Edge service but it might be weaker than the Edge signal. Anyway I can force it to use the HSPA signal?

TIA

Default Re: How to force phone (N4) to ignore 3g when weaker HSPA signal available?

Yes. There is a selection in carrier settings that allows you to do just that. Normally, it's set to automatic which causes it to pick up the strongest signal. But you can select HSPA only and it will only look for a HSPA band. If there is not a sufficient signal when this is selected it will show no service.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to force phone (N4) to ignore 3g when weaker HSPA signal available?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    Yes. There is a selection in carrier settings that allows you to do just that. Normally, it's set to automatic which causes it to pick up the strongest signal. But you can select HSPA only and it will only look for a HSPA band. If there is not a sufficient signal when this is selected it will show no service.
    Any idea where this option is on the N4? Just noticed I'm in edge mode after a morning of HSPA.