- 39 Posts
How to force phone (N4) to ignore 3g when weaker HSPA signal available?
Sitting at my desk downtown Chicago some days I get HSPA, some days only Edge. Assuming the HSPA signal is still around when I have Edge service but it might be weaker than the Edge signal. Anyway I can force it to use the HSPA signal?
- 12-14-2012, 08:55 AM #2
- 204 Posts
Re: How to force phone (N4) to ignore 3g when weaker HSPA signal available?
Yes. There is a selection in carrier settings that allows you to do just that. Normally, it's set to automatic which causes it to pick up the strongest signal. But you can select HSPA only and it will only look for a HSPA band. If there is not a sufficient signal when this is selected it will show no service.
- By docampo69 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 12-01-2013, 09:59 AM
- By o_swas in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
- By Kittyrina in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
- By grizer#ac in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2010, 11:14 AM
- By bkuester in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM