LTE? anyone excited, worried?

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
What are your thoughts on T-mobile's expansion plans? Can they pull it off if they don't get Metropcs?
I'm hoping that moving HSPA to 1900 will improve reception.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it means T-mobile will give me a free Cell-Fi because I only get 2g signal at my house (get 3g outside and in one room) and they may be turning off their 2g network once they complete re farming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The 2g should be on for a while. However, it will be shut off when they take the spectrum for HSPA, so you should series "4g" at that time.

MarkMcCoskey

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I live in Las Vegas, which should be getting LTE hopefully by month end. I understand we have HSPA+ 42 (I'm with Virgin at the moment), so was wondering what phones, if any, have both LTE & HSPA+ 42 (or 21)?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I live in Las Vegas, which should be getting LTE hopefully by month end. I understand we have HSPA+ 42 (I'm with Virgin at the moment), so was wondering what phones, if any, have both LTE & HSPA+ 42 (or 21)?

From what I've read the Note 2 will have it officially after a firmware update. The Nexus 4 unofficially has LTE after some software hacking but I won't even to scratch the surface of that discussion.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think they should finish what they start. They began building out 3g after everybody else was moving to 4G. Then they stopped and started building out HSPA + 4G and before they finish building out that network they're jumping on the LTE fan bandwagon and promising LTE 4G. The problem is that's left the country with a patchwork of 3G and 4G coverage areas with most of T-Mobile's coverage still being on Edge. So, no, I take no comfort in them jumping off on a new project, which I'm pretty confident they'll abandon before it's finished as they run off to chase the latest fad.

Sam9696

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
From what I read aswell the galaxy s3 has an lte radio inside of it and should be activated after an update

From My Awesome Samsung Galaxy s2 (can't wait for jellybean) :)

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read the Note 2 will have it officially after a firmware update. The Nexus 4 unofficially has LTE after some software hacking but I won't even to scratch the surface of that discussion.

The Nexus 4 only works on LTE Band 4 by adjusting settings to turn the disabled chip on in the hidden service menu. For all other LTE bands, it lacks the some of the other internal hardware for it to work. I believe only a few Canadian carriers and AT&T in the US run on Band 4, but I could be wrong.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I read aswell the galaxy s3 has an lte radio inside of it and should be activated after an update

From My Awesome Samsung Galaxy s2 (can't wait for jellybean) :)

There's conflicting reports about whether or not the current T-mobile SGS3 has LTE on board but it sounds like even if the current SGS3 has LTE capability T-mobile wouldn't activate it via firmware since they plan on selling a new model/SKU with LTE ready to go.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 4 only works on LTE Band 4 by adjusting settings to turn the disabled chip on in the hidden service menu. For all other LTE bands, it lacks the some of the other internal hardware for it to work. I believe only a few Canadian carriers and AT&T in the US run on Band 4, but I could be wrong.

Yes many Canadian carriers use band 4 but in the USA T-mobile is going to use band 4 (ATT uses it in some markets but reports are it's only a few towers.)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

None of the US carriers currently use Band 4, but Tmobile is going to start rolling out out shortly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995