T-Mobile on unlocked GS3

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Question: Does anyone know where I can find the apn settings or network configurations for unlocked devices on T-Mobile? I am trying to get more of a solid connection to their Hspa+ network. I seem to be switching a lot between edge and 4G in areas that I should have full 4G. Can anyone help?

You can find the APN settings on the T-Mobile website, which is where I got the settings in the screen shots below.

uploadfromtaptalk1359417138620.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359417152849.jpg

Sent from my SGSIII

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
From everything that I have been reading it seems I can take my unlocked att gs3 to tmobile and benefit from their unlimited everything plan for 70 buckd a month. Question is, is hspa+ readily available throughout my area? I have been reading tmobile can be very spotty at times. Anyone know more about this? I live in the Dac suburbs of Silver Spring

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

Also (if you're not already), be aware that T-Mobile's $70/mo plan, while a good deal, requires a 2-year contract - even when you bring your own device. I've been considering doing that plan, but for now, I've been fine with my 2GB high-speed cap on the $60/mo prepaid plan because I have the option to leave at any time without a penalty.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Also (if you're not already), be aware that T-Mobile's $70/mo plan, while a good deal, requires a 2-year contract - even when you bring your own device. I've been considering doing that plan, but for now, I've been fine with my 2GB high-speed cap on the $60/mo prepaid plan because I have the option to leave at any time without a penalty.

As an FYI for $49/month Solavei offers a 4GB high-speed cap on the T-Mobile prepaid network. No contract required.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

osxaddict

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got an unlocked AT&T GS3 that we recently moved to TMO and I find it rather annoying on their $30/mo prepaid plan.. I work in an office that has tons of shielding and get no service.. When I get out into the parking lot it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 4+ minutes to reacquire the TMO signal -- OUCH! I pickup Time Warner WIFI broadcast in the area AGES before TMO comes up..

I realize I'm not paying for any 4G data on my plan and with that said, I get a fraction of what I was getting on the AT&T network -- even wit 5 bars and "3G" listed on the top (which is their new refarmed network I gather), I still was getting 0.57Mbps up and 0.10mbps down.. Ugg! This is in the Los Angeles area (specifically near Redondo Beach)... Good thing I'm not paying the big $$ for this kind of service. I suspect that a different phone would work much better on the TMO network -- the iPhones are just not a good match IMHO.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I am on the 70 dollar unlimited everything plan w/o a contract and yeah I have been experiencing some issues with ny unlocked att gs3 on tmobile. A lot of edge service in areas I should be getting 4g. I will look into it

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12