Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Duplicate Text Messages

Hi all,

I just got a Nexus 4 and am using a prepaid T-Mobile Sim with the 100 minutes unlimited data/messaging plan. Everything is working great except I am receiving duplicate text messages most of the time someone messages me. I was wondering if there is an APN setting or something else I can do to try and fix this annoyance. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Duplicate Text Messages

Quote Originally Posted by imthekingbk View Post
    Hi all,

I just got a Nexus 4 and am using a prepaid T-Mobile Sim with the 100 minutes unlimited data/messaging plan. Everything is working great except I am receiving duplicate text messages most of the time someone messages me. I was wondering if there is an APN setting or something else I can do to try and fix this annoyance. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

Thanks.
    this is usually a network issue and not necessarily something that you can do to correct this on your device. i would call tmobile about it.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Having the same issue - any resolution from Tmo? They were unable to help me...

I had this problem on all four of my lines for three years. After about 25 calls, I just gave up. Eventually it tapered off and stopped on its own.