Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Default Has anyone switched to the Unlimited 4G Plan?

The reason I ask is I don't see the new plan available for me to switch to from within the my account app or the my T-Mobile website.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Re: Has anyone switched to the Unlimited 4G Plan?

I just switched to the unlimited plan last week (hit 2gb a few days before end if billing cycle). Just call T-Mobile to do it I did because I was on the road and throttled data was too slow to access the website.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    VOK39 likes this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Oh and I just received my bill for last month and can say that they do prorate the plan cost.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

I guess I failed to mention I was referring to the Unlimited 4G Prepaid Plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    I guess I failed to mention I was referring to the Unlimited 4G Prepaid Plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Prepaid doesn't prorate so you should switch plans right around the end of the billing period.

I would still call T-mobile if the plan doesn't show up on the site.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Yeah I called them basically the plan is the new plan but still shows as the old plan but in the my account app it shows Unlimited data. Happy as hell to be back on Unlimited from a major Carrier.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Yeah I called them basically the plan is the new plan but still shows as the old plan but in the my account app it shows Unlimited data. Happy as hell to be back on Unlimited from a major Carrier.

I'm on value and just stuck with the 2gb plan when I had a Galaxy Nexus because with the lower data speeds of HSPA+ 21 it was hard to crack 2gb in one month. HSPA+ 42 and especially LTE are where we'll all be glad we have unlimited.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    I'm on value and just stuck with the 2gb plan when I had a Galaxy Nexus because with the lower data speeds of HSPA+ 21 it was hard to crack 2gb in one month. HSPA+ 42 and especially LTE are where we'll all be glad we have unlimited.

Well let's see looks a bit easier for me than you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone switched to the Unlimited 4G Plan?-uploadfromtaptalk1359346418719.jpg  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Well let's see looks a bit easier for me than you.

I would be burning through a LOT more data except I work from home which has little to no 3g signal so I have to suffice with 2g voice and FiOS 35/35 data.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    I would be burning through a LOT more data except I work from home which has little to no 3g signal so I have to suffice with 2g voice and FiOS 35/35 data.

Yeah I was just fine on the $30 5 GB plan until roommates decided not to pay for the internet so no more WiFi connection at home.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

I want to switch over to the $70 prepaid plan myself. I used to not come close to saturating the 2GB of high-speed data on the $60 plan...but that quickly changed when I turned off Sirius in the car ($16/month for horrific sound quality) and switched to streaming Spotify on my GNex instead.

I asked T-Mobile about switching now and just paying the difference, but apparently that isn't possible on prepaid. I've already chewed through 800MB of data in 10 days... :P
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
    I want to switch over to the $70 prepaid plan myself. I used to not come close to saturating the 2GB of high-speed data on the $60 plan...but that quickly changed when I turned off Sirius in the car ($16/month for horrific sound quality) and switched to streaming Spotify on my GNex instead.

I asked T-Mobile about switching now and just paying the difference, but apparently that isn't possible on prepaid. I've already chewed through 800MB of data in 10 days... :P
    No they will let you switch and forfeit your current month though. Its an option if you need to get unthrottled

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

No they will let you switch and forfeit your current month though. Its an option if you need to get unthrottled

As in forfeiting your entire prepaid month and paying the $70 in full? If that's the case, I'll just switch when my billing cycle is up in late February. It's really not THAT big of a deal...

You won't forfeit. They will credit you with what is left. I did that when changed.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    You won't forfeit. They will credit you with what is left. I did that when changed.
    Hmmm... I ended up waiting anyway (I was at about 1.5GB at the end of my cycle). Switched to the $70 unlimited as of 2/20. 1GB used in 5 days, so far (mostly Spotify at "Extreme" quality). Been happy so far.

I'm still trying to think of a reason to pay the extra $10. I'm not cheap, but so far I have not run over 2GB. I only stream music during my commute. If they had a plan to combine 2 phones I would be all over it.
    Pat

Chromecast

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android Jelly Bean

I'm still trying to think of a reason to pay the extra $10. I'm not cheap, but so far I have not run over 2GB. I only stream music during my commute. If they had a plan to combine 2 phones I would be all over it.
    Well in my case, music during my commute is by far my biggest data hog. So, the extra $10 was more than justified.

Do the unlimited data plan comes with a 2gb 4G throttle then it's unlimited 3G?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sent From My Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
    Do the unlimited data plan comes with a 2gb 4G throttle then it's unlimited 3G?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    The $70 unlimited plan is unlimited 4G. That's not to say you won't get throttled if you start streaming Netflix all day....
    Pat

Chromecast

The $70 unlimited plan is unlimited 4G. That's not to say you won't get throttled if you start streaming Netflix all day....
    You might, although I've read some users claim that they use 20GB/month on the plan and haven't been throttled yet.

On my post paid unlimited I went close 90 gigs streaming NBA and tennis games. Not a peep from T-Mobile.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

What's unlimited for T-Mobile? I wouldn't pay more money for their new and improved "unlimited plan". I don't trust what they say. Their vernacular is totally different from everybody else's. I already have a plan that's supposed to be unlimited. In fact, it says as much on my bill each month, yet T-Horrible will throttle me when I use 2G of data. Is that unlimited to you? T-Horrible advertise they have the largest 4G network - and even go so far as to show you phony maps of it - when their network in fact is mostly EDGE, with 4G in only a few select large cities.

Having been burned by their misrepresentations I no longer trust anything they say, nor am I interested in anything new they come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post
    What's unlimited for T-Mobile? I wouldn't pay more money for their new and improved "unlimited plan". I don't trust what they say. Their vernacular is totally different from everybody else's. I already have a plan that's supposed to be unlimited. In fact, it says as much on my bill each month, yet T-Horrible will throttle me when I use 2G of data. Is that unlimited to you? T-Horrible advertise they have the largest 4G network - and even go so far as to show you phony maps of it - when their network in fact is mostly EDGE, with 4G in only a few select large cities.

Having been burned by their misrepresentations I no longer trust anything they say, nor am I interested in anything new they come out with.
    Pretty sure that the fine print on your plan read "unlimited data, and first 2gb at 4G speeds then Edge after that". You gotta read the fine print!

The $70 unlimited plan is truly unlimited, and no caps or throttling.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

If u are getting throttled u aren't on the unlimited plan.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Doh View Post

I agree that the wording could be done to be less confusing. T-Mobile has a bunch of "unlimited" data plans that are differentiated by when they start to throttle.

$50 throttled after 100MB
    $60 throttled after 2GB
    $70 No throttle - this is the new plan

This is why I chose Solavei (T-Mobile MVNO). It's $49 unlimited throttled after 4GB. They also have a referral program which can effectively lower this rate.

4GB is enough for me and a better value than the $50 or $60 T-Mobile plans. The $70 plan is great if you use a ton of data. I don't use enough to spend the extra $20 a month, but obviously a lot of people do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast