Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skidmark
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Tmo $30/month plan questions

    1) I was surfing the Tmo website, and I do not see the $30/month plan anymore. Do they not offer it anymore?
    EDIT: I found it: Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile

    2) What happens if you go over the 100 mins on this plan? Can I just buy additional mins as I go?
    Last edited by MJ; 01-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.
  2. #2  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    $0.10 a minute overage but make sure there is money in your account before you go over.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    Pkt_Lnt's Avatar
    yes, that old

    Posts
    800 Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android / franco

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    1) I was surfing the Tmo website, and I do not see the $30/month plan anymore. Do they not offer it anymore?
    EDIT: I found it: Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile

    2) What happens if you go over the 100 mins on this plan? Can I just buy additional mins as I go?
    This one?
    Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tmo /month plan questions-fireshot-screen-capture-009-monthly-4g-prepaid-plans-i-compare-prepaid-data-plans-i-t-mobile.png  
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
    [JB 4.3] [JWR66V] Cataclysm

    T-Mobile $30 / 5Gb / 100 min Cellular | CSipSimple + voip.ms VoIP

    Kindle Fire
    [JB 4.3] [JSS15J] AOSP for the Kindle Fire
  4. #4  
    tube517's Avatar

    Posts
    814 Posts
    ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    It is $.10/minute after the 100 minutes.
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Looks like Tmo is sold out of the micro SIM online. Can I buy a micro SIM at a brick & mortar store and still get the $30/month plan?

    Sorry for the newb questions. I am new to GSM phones.
  6. #6  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Looks like Tmo is sold out of the micro SIM online. Can I buy a micro SIM at a brick & mortar store and still get the $30/month plan?

    Sorry for the newb questions. I am new to GSM phones.
    Probably not. You could possibly buy a mini SIM and hopefully the store will cut it for you.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  
    Pkt_Lnt's Avatar
    yes, that old

    Posts
    800 Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android / franco

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Looks like Tmo is sold out of the micro SIM online. Can I buy a micro SIM at a brick & mortar store and still get the $30/month plan?

    Sorry for the newb questions. I am new to GSM phones.
    You can get sims and / or sim cutters on eBay or Amazon for cheap.
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
    [JB 4.3] [JWR66V] Cataclysm

    T-Mobile $30 / 5Gb / 100 min Cellular | CSipSimple + voip.ms VoIP

    Kindle Fire
    [JB 4.3] [JSS15J] AOSP for the Kindle Fire
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    I went to the local tmobile and got a Sim for 32. And some change.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Galaxy S3 w/ Hyperion 4200mah and Seidio battery cover & ZeroLemon 7000mah
  9. #9  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    929 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.3

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Looks like Tmo is sold out of the micro SIM online. Can I buy a micro SIM at a brick & mortar store and still get the $30/month plan?

    Sorry for the newb questions. I am new to GSM phones.
    You can buy the SIM in the stores, but it will be a lot more expensive than ordering it online. The $30/mo. plan is only available online, so yes, you can buy the SIM in the store and then activate it online. Note that there is a different $30/mo. plan available in stores, but it is NOT the 100 mins/5GB/unlimited texts plan everyone talks about, so don't let a T-Mo store rep try to activate it for you in store.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    You can buy the SIM in the stores, but it will be a lot more expensive than ordering it online. The $30/mo. plan is only available online, so yes, you can buy the SIM in the store and then activate it online. Note that there is a different $30/mo. plan available in stores, but it is NOT the 100 mins/5GB/unlimited texts plan everyone talks about, so don't let a T-Mo store rep try to activate it for you in store.
    I got the sim for free and got that plan at the store.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Galaxy S3 w/ Hyperion 4200mah and Seidio battery cover & ZeroLemon 7000mah
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy View Post
    I got the sim for free and got that plan at the store.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Probably varies from store to store and sales person to sales person. I might as well give it a try.
    SonDan likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Just bought my SIM card from tmo brick and mortar store with the $30/month plan.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!
  13. #13  
    Bond32's Avatar

    Posts
    1,356 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    I'm on verizon unlimited currently, nexus 4 is on its way to test it out. I just went in the tmobile store expecting to get a simple for free however the lady said it was $20 but I get $20 in accessories. .. I think that's bs but I don't mind. The question is when I get to activate the nexus, I just go to the tmobile activation website correct? I want a new phone number with the nexus on the $70 prepaid plan so I assume I have it planned out correct.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
  14. #14  
    Ticojpunk's Avatar
    Recordist

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    I'm on verizon unlimited currently, nexus 4 is on its way to test it out. I just went in the tmobile store expecting to get a simple for free however the lady said it was $20 but I get $20 in accessories. .. I think that's bs but I don't mind. The question is when I get to activate the nexus, I just go to the tmobile activation website correct? I want a new phone number with the nexus on the $70 prepaid plan so I assume I have it planned out correct.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah. You can do it all on the website, as long as you have the new SIM in hand.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    If I want to add money on my account for minute overages do I just enter my cc info and they will automatically deduct from there or do I need to specifically add a dollar amount?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    If I want to add money on my account for minute overages do I just enter my cc info and they will automatically deduct from there or do I need to specifically add a dollar amount?
    If I want to add money on my account for minute overages do I just enter my cc info and they will automatically deduct from there or do I need to specifically add a dollar amount?
  17. #17  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    929 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.3

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    If I want to add money on my account for minute overages do I just enter my cc info and they will automatically deduct from there or do I need to specifically add a dollar amount?
    You need to add funds to your account. They will not charge your CC for additional minutes, they'll only charge it for renewal if you have autopay set up. If you use up your minutes and your account is empty, they'll send you a text telling you to refill.
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Tmo $30/month plan questions

    Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    $0.10 a minute overage but make sure there is money in your account before you go over.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    How is money put in the account please? I see that I can not maintain the tmo existing auto pay according to some fine print in thr web site... so is there some other method?



    Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2
    Proud Member of #TeamAndroid!

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile $30 Month Prepaid Plan
    By quandary in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
  2. Best phone under $200 for $30/month plan
    By Timballisto in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 01:00 PM
  3. Any T Mo or Unlocked Phone on TMo's 30/month Plan
    By judasmachine in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
  4. How do i cancel my Verizon monthly plan?
    By Stang68 in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 06:06 AM
  5. Eris without $30 data plan
    By Quasar14 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions