What do you think about TMobile's new prepaid service?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My guess about LTE is that Tmobile will give it to prepaid. I mean they just stated that they are shifting away from subsidized phones, etc. They are focusing on more prepaid market. Or perhaps they will give it to only those that are on a 2 year contract with a BYOD sort of approach. Who knows really, we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My guess about LTE is that Tmobile will give it to prepaid. I mean they just stated that they are shifting away from subsidized phones, etc. They are focusing on more prepaid market. Or perhaps they will give it to only those that are on a 2 year contract with a BYOD sort of approach. Who knows really, we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

Good point but with the unlimited everything plan now the same price for Value and Monthly4G don't they need to do something to differentiate them?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was actually never on the $30 plan, I just wanted to be. Looking at all my old Sprint bills it was clear it was never going to work for me.

I am southwest of Denver and periodically run speed tests. I get between 6Mbps and 9Mbps download and 1.6 Mbps up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I live 3 blocks away from Federal and Alameda and I get 20Mbps down and about 8Mbps up.
This is probably off topic but still important how unstable is

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I live 3 blocks away from Federal and Alameda and I get 20Mbps down and about 8Mbps up.
This is probably off topic but still important how unstable is

How do you get 8Mbps up on T-Mo when the maximum theoretical upload speed on HSPA+ is 5.76Mbps?

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you get 8Mbps up on T-Mo when the maximum theoretical upload speed on HSPA+ is 5.76Mbps?
What's your source? I couldn't confirm this. In fact in this article from 2011
T-Mobile Launches First HSPA+ 42 Modem | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"In a demonstration back in January, T-Mobile showed download speeds of 30Mbps and said to expect upload speeds of 5-8Mbps with its first HSPA+ 42 modem."

And Denver is on the HSPA+ 42 list. I'm about 30 miles SW of Denver so that's probably why I get my measley 9Mbps download :)

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What's your source? I couldn't confirm this. In fact in this article from 2011
T-Mobile Launches First HSPA+ 42 Modem | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"In a demonstration back in January, T-Mobile showed download speeds of 30Mbps and said to expect upload speeds of 5-8Mbps with its first HSPA+ 42 modem."

And Denver is on the HSPA+ 42 list. I'm about 30 miles SW of Denver so that's probably why I get my measley 9Mbps download :)

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_nexus_4_e960-5048.php

Go down to data then speed and you will see that it and other Android Phones I've used on T-mobile only support HSUPA up to 5.76mbps 42 is only the maximum theoretical download speed.

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't know about the limit speed but here's a screenshot I just took
But as I said, sometimes I get up to 20Mbps which is as fast as my cable internet company. Amazing isn't it?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359243869651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359243869651.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 99

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HSPA+ provides an evolution of High Speed Packet Access and provides data rates up to 168 Megabits per second (Mbit/s) to the mobile device (downlink) and 22 Mbit/s from the mobile device (uplink). Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolved_HSPA

I'm no expert but based on this and the fact that T-Mobile said upload speed of 5-8 Mbps could be possible in the 2011 article I posted, I have to conclude that HSPA+ is not limited to HSUPA for upload.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mat jonson

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i think this plan rocks
this will definitely start a price war between different carriers and one can believe that the customer will gain
but i have one reservation on these plans
it might led to bad customer service

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't worry about their LTE. It's in maybe two cities now and if they build it out like they did their 3G and 4G then it's only going to be available in select large metro areas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87