Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By runtmms
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Rumor: T-Mobile to move to no-contract model soon | Mobile - CNET News

    If T-Mobile ever stops sucking in my area, I would switch to a no contract account immediately. Bring my own unlocked device or buy one of T-Mo's with a monthly payment arrangement, if I need it -- that works for me.

    Please build up a kick arse network, T-Mobile, so I can give you my money!

    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  2. #2  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Funny how far transparency goes too bad the unfortunately I have a feeling the average consumer won't get how this works or that thru can still do it the old fashioned way via an EIP.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Funny how far transparency goes too bad the unfortunately I have a feeling the average consumer won't get how this works or that thru can still do it the old fashioned way via an EIP.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    EIP?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  4. #4  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    EIP?
    Equipment Installment Plan. It's the agreement with T-mobile to pay off the balance of the phone cost over 20 months after you've put out a down payment.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
  5. #5  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Yes, the plan looks good, but T-Mobile stinks in my area. I used a T-Mobile SIM to unlock my old iPhone and the reception was beyond bad. I have a hard time seeing T-Mobile getting their Network up to snuff anytime in the near future. Hope I am wrong.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by eshropshire View Post
    Yes, the plan looks good, but T-Mobile stinks in my area. I used a T-Mobile SIM to unlock my old iPhone and the reception was beyond bad. I have a hard time seeing T-Mobile getting their Network up to snuff anytime in the near future. Hope I am wrong.
    I always thought T mobile was pretty good? . Guess I had a wrong idea about them :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.



    Community Rules & Guidelines
  7. #7  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I always thought T mobile was pretty good? . Guess I had a wrong idea about them :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    t-mobile is excellent on huge cities. outside, not so much.

    also the refarmed towers for unlocked phones is not as good as their own 1700 network.

    if you got an hspa+42 t-mo phone on a hspa+42 area, at times you can beat at&t / verizon 4G LTE phones speed wise.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by egorre View Post
    also the refarmed towers for unlocked phones is not as good as their own 1700 network.


    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    So, one does NOT want to bring an unlocked phone to T-mo?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    I think it's great news for Tmo, but unfortunately they'll need to do a better job explaining what their value plans are and how people can buy phones. A lot of people are mad that they have to pay full price, which they don't.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    I think it's great news for Tmo, but unfortunately they'll need to do a better job explaining what their value plans are and how people can buy phones. A lot of people are mad that they have to pay full price, which they don't.
    I will GLADLY budget to pay full price if it means the carrier gets the F out of my phone's development cycle. Verizon, my current carrier, controls everything and ruins what should be a fruitful experience with at least 2 years of solid updates.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: No contracts? Monthly payments til the phone is paid off? Sounds ok to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    So, one does NOT want to bring an unlocked phone to T-mo?
    Depends on the phone and what frequencies it supports. The problem isn't the phone being unlocked, the problem is having a phone that doesn't have the 1700mhz band - like the iPhone.

    Nexus 4 from Google Play store is fully functional.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.
    Thanked by 2:
    GKWANNABE likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. if the phone is rooted, is 3g mobile hotspot free
    By tropolis in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
  2. Battery working while the phone is turned off?
    By sanibel in forum HTC myTouch 4G
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
  3. Got 2.2 yesterday, now the phone is horrible
    By falcompsx in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 10:25 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 01:11 AM
  5. Is my X finished charging (the phone is off)?
    By jldeitch in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions