HTC One on TMO

tbgb50

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I planned on getting the Nexus 4 and ordered a microsim before the uncarrier plans launched. I've changed my mind and have decided to go with the HTC One but am concerned about Tmobile service (I am off contract on VZW right now). If anyone can help -

Am I correct that I can use the SIM I have and just need to select a plan?

If I pay the full price of the phone upfront at TMO, will it be unlocked so if I do not like the service I can go elsewhere? I am in the Phoenix area and am really only concerned about voice coverage - places I usually go, not the coverage map as I am in the far north part of Phoenix and the maps are not so accurate. At home I am Wifi and really only use data when I travel and none of the usual places have LTE yet. My plan is to try it for 3 months to be sure. If I am not happy, am I correct I can replace the SIM with one from ATT?

If I but the One from HTC (32GB unlocked version) can I go with either TMO or ATT by using the SIM I have or getting one from ATT?

Sorry if these are basic questions but any help is appreciated.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I planned on getting the Nexus 4 and ordered a microsim before the uncarrier plans launched. I've changed my mind and have decided to go with the HTC One but am concerned about Tmobile service (I am off contract on VZW right now). If anyone can help -

Am I correct that I can use the SIM I have and just need to select a plan?

If I pay the full price of the phone upfront at TMO, will it be unlocked so if I do not like the service I can go elsewhere? I am in the Phoenix area and am really only concerned about voice coverage - places I usually go, not the coverage map as I am in the far north part of Phoenix and the maps are not so accurate. At home I am Wifi and really only use data when I travel and none of the usual places have LTE yet. My plan is to try it for 3 months to be sure. If I am not happy, am I correct I can replace the SIM with one from ATT?

If I but the One from HTC (32GB unlocked version) can I go with either TMO or ATT by using the SIM I have or getting one from ATT?

Sorry if these are basic questions but any help is appreciated.

However you order your phone you will want to check the bands on the phone. But if it's the GSM unlocked version it will more than likely support both.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Run Forest, Run.

I have the HTC one s on Tmo.

While I am saving almost 50.00 a month from what I was paying with big red, I could NEVER recommend Tmo to anyone.

Coverage is MUCH worse than big red, the support is non existent.

I got the One s when it was their "premier" Phone. While it looks nice, my Palm Pre ran circles around this piece of *hit. To make matters worse Tmo has no desire, or idea how to fix it. Their "Crack (head)" support team even had the gall to tell me there was no Echo problem during a call, while asking me repeatedly to repeat what I had said, as they could not hear me.

While it may work better on At&T, if it is an "s" will they support it if you get Echo or Wi/Fi issues?

Being off contract is nice, but I would look into a different phone and stay as from from Tmo as possible.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante