Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: are you happy? northern NY/NJ

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes very please

1 50.00%
  • its ok

1 50.00%
  • dont bother

0 0%
  • absolutely hate tmobile in this area

0 0%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default northern NY/NJ 4g users happy?

ive recently bought out my Sprint contract. i managed to get a galaxy s4 on release date and in 8 days my 4g indicator never went on. im currently trying out verizon and its super fast but also expensive. i usually go over the 4gb and have been very curious how people feel about the tmobile coverage. i work on the upper west side and live in jersey city nj. i rarely travel out of the ny nj area. can anyone chime in and tell me if ithey are happy with their current coverage and speeds in this area? im really looking to save some money and have unlimited internet. thanks in advance

Default Re: northern NY/NJ 4g users happy?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckChoklit View Post
    ive recently bought out my Sprint contract. i managed to get a galaxy s4 on release date and in 8 days my 4g indicator never went on. im currently trying out verizon and its super fast but also expensive. i usually go over the 4gb and have been very curious how people feel about the tmobile coverage. i work on the upper west side and live in jersey city nj. i rarely travel out of the ny nj area. can anyone chime in and tell me if ithey are happy with their current coverage and speeds in this area? im really looking to save some money and have unlimited internet. thanks in advance
    Hi,

Ok a few things, First true 4G LTE on Tmo is not in the metro area. When it will be is a whole nother question. Tmo though uses HSPA42+ which is best described as 3.5G.
    Yes it is not true LTE, that said it's usually very close to what vzw has for LTE at the moment. Usually somewhere in the 20+ dl. In the area you are using the S4 it should get this regularly. That is depending on the building you are in. HSPA+ and LTE are both in either the 1700 or 1900 frequencies.
    I will say though that Tmo is pushing now to get LTE out faster than anything Sprint has been doing. Best I can say is get speed test app and test your speeds. It might be good and will only get better.

Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My only experience is using an AT&T phone on T-Mobile so I don't have the 1700MHz band. It's probably not a good idea to switch if that's what you're using.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Current sprint customer contract ends on the 20th of june so yesterday I decided to tryout tmobile since there prices seem pretty good and sprint still doesnt have LTE in NJ I am in the northern/central area union county in 1 day i have used over 1gb of data and i have a pic of the speedtest Ive done throughout the day.

Speedtest 6:14:13 Tmobile by TechRepair4u, on Flickr