T-Mobile LTE spotted in Nashville?

drmusic45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to a HTC One about three days ago, and I just noticed today that my 4G icon changed to a 4G LTE icon for a few minutes! Do you think this means it's coming soon or, perhaps, has already arrived? Anyone else in the Nashville are noticing this? This is exciting!

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to a HTC One about three days ago, and I just noticed today that my 4G icon changed to a 4G LTE icon for a few minutes! Do you think this means it's coming soon or, perhaps, has already arrived? Anyone else in the Nashville are noticing this? This is exciting!

Nashville isn't on the list of May and June LTE roll-outs, what you're seeing is probably from LTE-testing. So this looks promising that Nashville might be after the June roll out, so hold on tight! IMO the LTE rollout has been underwhelming. I've had it in the DC Metro area since day 1, and it's very spotty and centralized in very urban areas here. The HSPA+ speeds are great to fall back on however as it's blazing fast for web browsing for the most part.

Read this:

T-Mobile's Next Group Of LTE Launches Rumored For May And June | TmoNewsTmoNews
T-Mobile Set To Launch New LTE Markets In May, Two Dozen Markets In June | TmoNewsTmoNews

cbaldwin1212

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I was in hermitage and on my iPhone 5 there was LTE about halfway into Mt. Juliet. I ran a speed test in hermitage near Walmart I got 12.8 on download and 5.9 on upload with a ping of 39 seconds and I only had 2 bars of service. I don't know how much the service bars matter but the Internet was running super fast.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey did you guys ever try doing a speedtest? I was just wondering what the lte speed would be like in nashville.

In DC and SF (the only two markets i've tested with my Note 2), I consistently get 30 down and 20 up. So until you see those speeds, you're still accessing HSPA+. The first sign of LTE upgrade is they'll start testing towers and LTE enabled phones will show the LTE logo, but speeds won't be LTE speeds.

drmusic45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I did too! I'm near downtown and it's been on since mid-afternoon, getting ~10Mbps both ways, though usually the upload is faster. Exciting!

NinjaFish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing LTE all over the southeast metro area today (Antioch to Smyrna, from Bell Road to Sam Ridley), between 1 and 4 bars. Speeds have been on par with other posters in this thread, 12mbps down/6mbps up with one bar, 14/9 with two. I was driving when it hit four bars (on I-24 around the Old Hickory exit), so I don't have a test for that.

drmusic45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's been on since Wednesday for me; I've been at 1 bar, sometimes 2, and it's been about 12 down/11 up for me. I just hope they officially launch it soon, it's been fantastic so far!!!

cbaldwin1212

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It was live in hermitage today and speedtest said it was 25.98 on download, 8.33 on upload. I tested it on my iPhone 5. I can't wait for it to launch everywhere. That's pretty fast though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21