Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile LTE spotted in Nashville?

I upgraded to a HTC One about three days ago, and I just noticed today that my 4G icon changed to a 4G LTE icon for a few minutes! Do you think this means it's coming soon or, perhaps, has already arrived? Anyone else in the Nashville are noticing this? This is exciting!

Default Re: T-Mobile LTE spotted in Nashville?

Quote Originally Posted by drmusic45 View Post
    I upgraded to a HTC One about three days ago, and I just noticed today that my 4G icon changed to a 4G LTE icon for a few minutes! Do you think this means it's coming soon or, perhaps, has already arrived? Anyone else in the Nashville are noticing this? This is exciting!
    Nashville isn't on the list of May and June LTE roll-outs, what you're seeing is probably from LTE-testing. So this looks promising that Nashville might be after the June roll out, so hold on tight! IMO the LTE rollout has been underwhelming. I've had it in the DC Metro area since day 1, and it's very spotty and centralized in very urban areas here. The HSPA+ speeds are great to fall back on however as it's blazing fast for web browsing for the most part.

Read this:

T-Mobile's Next Group Of LTE Launches Rumored For May And June | TmoNewsTmoNews
    T-Mobile Set To Launch New LTE Markets In May, Two Dozen Markets In June | TmoNewsTmoNews
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info; it is indeed promising! I agree, the HSPA+ speeds are fantastic for me, especially on this new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by drmusic45 View Post
    Thanks for the info; it is indeed promising! I agree, the HSPA+ speeds are fantastic for me, especially on this new phone.
    HSPA+ 42 is awesome, almost make LTE irrelevant if all you do is surf the internet and stream.

hey man same here on my t-mobile gs4 i talked to a t-mobile rep he said they have a small LTE area near the Nashville zoo.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just saw it again today at my apartment and in Metro Center! Woo!!

hey on Nolensville its strong near the wallmart

Hey did you guys ever try doing a speedtest? I was just wondering what the lte speed would be like in nashville.

I was in hermitage and on my iPhone 5 there was LTE about halfway into Mt. Juliet. I ran a speed test in hermitage near Walmart I got 12.8 on download and 5.9 on upload with a ping of 39 seconds and I only had 2 bars of service. I don't know how much the service bars matter but the Internet was running super fast.

Cool man

Quote Originally Posted by Luckeyy Phon View Post
    Hey did you guys ever try doing a speedtest? I was just wondering what the lte speed would be like in nashville.
    In DC and SF (the only two markets i've tested with my Note 2), I consistently get 30 down and 20 up. So until you see those speeds, you're still accessing HSPA+. The first sign of LTE upgrade is they'll start testing towers and LTE enabled phones will show the LTE logo, but speeds won't be LTE speeds.

Hopefully they will launch in July for us since we wasn't on the June launch

Does anyone have screenshots verifying LTE? Like SignalCheck?

hope this help i just saw lte today when i got off work and i live in madison,tn
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I did too! I'm near downtown and it's been on since mid-afternoon, getting ~10Mbps both ways, though usually the upload is faster. Exciting!

I know but don't forget its not live in Nashville yet it might get better

I've been seeing LTE all over the southeast metro area today (Antioch to Smyrna, from Bell Road to Sam Ridley), between 1 and 4 bars. Speeds have been on par with other posters in this thread, 12mbps down/6mbps up with one bar, 14/9 with two. I was driving when it hit four bars (on I-24 around the Old Hickory exit), so I don't have a test for that.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

It's been on since Wednesday for me; I've been at 1 bar, sometimes 2, and it's been about 12 down/11 up for me. I just hope they officially launch it soon, it's been fantastic so far!!!

It was live in hermitage today and speedtest said it was 25.98 on download, 8.33 on upload. I tested it on my iPhone 5. I can't wait for it to launch everywhere. That's pretty fast though.

Yea me 2 mine started Monday after I got home im averaging 12-18 down N 7-10 up im only getting 1 bar at home but its really quick

I would just be happy if they had decent HSPA+ coverage. I get 12 down at home without LTE, however driving down I-65 around Harding... drop calls every time. No service around Peytonsville Road once you jump off the highway. Many areas of Green Hills, 2G at best. Sneed Rd, 2G at best. Linwood Ave by Tyne, barely 1 bar. Lets get some more towers around here! I am so afraid they will just convert to LTE and never add the necessary towers to have full coverage in one of the Best Cities in America. Let's Go, T-MO

Thumbs up Re: T-Mobile LTE spotted in Nashville?

yeah I have an htc one and I live in northern nashville, madison tn specifically near I-65 and I have 4G LTE round the clock so they clearly have installed the antenna and turned it on for more than a test. Its clear that they have just moved ahead with the update on a few towers around nashville... or maybe I am roaming on another networks LTE tower idk... speed test btw says I get around 28 megabits per second on LTE
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzmO...it?usp=sharing

Has anyone been outside of Nashville like Rutherford county and noticed LTE working?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I live in the West Nashville area by White Bridge Road and I'm either with 3 or more bars of HSPA 42 with great speeds or 2 bars of LTE and honestly the LTE has better ping and seems like it has better throughput
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast