1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Default LTE Data Speeds in NYC

Let's post speed test of T-Mobile LTE in NYC.

LTE Data Speeds in NYC-img_0402.png

Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

For LTE the DL speeds look good but the UL speeds are very low..
    They should be in the middle teens to low twenties.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Depends on alot of things. What would you need that much upload for on your phone? Just curious.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Depends on alot of things. What would you need that much upload for on your phone? Just curious.

Has nothing to do with what i would use that much upload speeds on my phone for. I was merely commenting on the fact that LTE tends to have a more balanced UL/DL speed ratio.
    HSDPA+ and other technologies have a much higher DL speed and much lower UL speed. However LTE is more balanced.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Google+Google+

Has nothing to do with what i would use that much upload speeds on my phone for. I was merely commenting on the fact that LTE tends to have a more balanced UL/DL speed ratio.
    HSDPA+ and other technologies have a much higher DL speed and much lower UL speed. However LTE is more balanced.
    I guess so. I just try not to be that picky I guess.. Try and keep it compared to real world usage .

Mine seems to vary.. But it could be the same for tmobile in regards to towers being upgraded. Some places I have good upload but also bad.. But my area is still being built out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070802613.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070810927.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070821274.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070833335.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070847778.jpg  

My comparison is Real World.
    My ATT iPhone 5, my TMO Note 2 (had access to LTE for an hour one day a few weeks ago), Before i left Sprint for TMO, I had a GS3 and EVO LTE and in Dallas the speeds werent great but they were always balanced or close to it.

Anyway, in general, LTE will have a much higher upload speed then the other technologies. Lets just leave it at that and move on.
    Google+Google+

My comparison is Real World.
    My ATT iPhone 5, my TMO Note 2 (had access to LTE for an hour one day a few weeks ago), Before i left Sprint for TMO, I had a GS3 and EVO LTE and in Dallas the speeds werent great but they were always balanced or close to it.

Anyway, in general, LTE will have a much higher upload speed then the other technologies. Lets just leave it at that and move on.
    I didn't meant real world as in you can't hit those speeds.. I meant as in using those speeds. Sure you can get 50 Mbit down on ATT LTE but.. Do people actually use that much while using the phone? Not really. Some? Sure.. Tethering could but things like music streaming and opening a app won't. That's what I meant is all .

agreed, the UL should be better. I'm consistently in the 20 mbps range with my Note 2 here in Washington DC

It's New York. I'm not shocked the upload speeds are a bit lower than normal.

I'm chomping at the bit for tmobile to launch LTE in Chicago. Is one of their next markets, and I can't wait.