Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

    Default LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    Let's post speed test of T-Mobile LTE in NYC.





    LTE Data Speeds in NYC-img_0402.png
  2. #2  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    For LTE the DL speeds look good but the UL speeds are very low..
    They should be in the middle teens to low twenties.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  3. #3  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    For LTE the DL speeds look good but the UL speeds are very low..
    They should be in the middle teens to low twenties.
    Depends on alot of things. What would you need that much upload for on your phone? Just curious.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Depends on alot of things. What would you need that much upload for on your phone? Just curious.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Has nothing to do with what i would use that much upload speeds on my phone for. I was merely commenting on the fact that LTE tends to have a more balanced UL/DL speed ratio.
    HSDPA+ and other technologies have a much higher DL speed and much lower UL speed. However LTE is more balanced.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  5. #5  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Has nothing to do with what i would use that much upload speeds on my phone for. I was merely commenting on the fact that LTE tends to have a more balanced UL/DL speed ratio.
    HSDPA+ and other technologies have a much higher DL speed and much lower UL speed. However LTE is more balanced.
    I guess so. I just try not to be that picky I guess.. Try and keep it compared to real world usage .

    Mine seems to vary.. But it could be the same for tmobile in regards to towers being upgraded. Some places I have good upload but also bad.. But my area is still being built out.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070802613.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070810927.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070821274.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070833335.jpg   LTE Data Speeds in NYC-uploadfromtaptalk1369070847778.jpg  

  6. #6  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    My comparison is Real World.
    My ATT iPhone 5, my TMO Note 2 (had access to LTE for an hour one day a few weeks ago), Before i left Sprint for TMO, I had a GS3 and EVO LTE and in Dallas the speeds werent great but they were always balanced or close to it.

    Anyway, in general, LTE will have a much higher upload speed then the other technologies. Lets just leave it at that and move on.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    My comparison is Real World.
    My ATT iPhone 5, my TMO Note 2 (had access to LTE for an hour one day a few weeks ago), Before i left Sprint for TMO, I had a GS3 and EVO LTE and in Dallas the speeds werent great but they were always balanced or close to it.

    Anyway, in general, LTE will have a much higher upload speed then the other technologies. Lets just leave it at that and move on.
    I didn't meant real world as in you can't hit those speeds.. I meant as in using those speeds. Sure you can get 50 Mbit down on ATT LTE but.. Do people actually use that much while using the phone? Not really. Some? Sure.. Tethering could but things like music streaming and opening a app won't. That's what I meant is all .

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    For LTE the DL speeds look good but the UL speeds are very low..
    They should be in the middle teens to low twenties.
    agreed, the UL should be better. I'm consistently in the 20 mbps range with my Note 2 here in Washington DC
  9. #9  

    Default Re: LTE Data Speeds in NYC

    It's New York. I'm not shocked the upload speeds are a bit lower than normal.

    I'm chomping at the bit for tmobile to launch LTE in Chicago. Is one of their next markets, and I can't wait.

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile Speeds in NYC
    By lornaevo in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 02:43 PM
  2. T-Mobile Coverage/Data Speeds in Washington DC Area?
    By corolla90 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 10:56 AM
  3. Straight Talk Speeds in NYC
    By blitz118 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  4. Data issues in NYC?
    By budweiser in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
  5. Data speed in Minneapolis/St. Paul
    By thatguyjeff in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

B