LTE in Chicago

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The main reason T mobile seems to be goin faster than Sprint is because tmo isn't upgrading all their towers like Sprint is doing only the up to date towers on contrast Sprint is doing all their towers but still I like the speeds.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The main reason T mobile seems to be goin faster than Sprint is because tmo isn't upgrading all their towers like Sprint is doing only the up to date towers on contrast Sprint is doing all their towers but still I like the speeds.

Obviously,
You not on top of what Tmobile Network modernization is about.
They are in fact upgrading all their towers and at the same time refarming their spectrum holdings.

T-mobile will implementing lte, in place of the hspa+ in the 1700mhz spectrum and moving hspa to their edge 1900 and 2100mhz spectrum, and then gradually phasing out
Their edge 2g network.

T-mobile already has had their fiber backhaul in place to upgrade their networks . Sprint actually started their nv build out before T-mobile started their network modernization. Sprint didn't upgrade their backhaul connection to fiber optic when they should have. Sprint was foolishly investing their hundreds of million of dollars in monies and energy in dead end endeavors I. E. Wimax, Nextel(at the time),light square, clearwire(yet to be seen) . Money aside, it probably is a lot more expensive now compared to if sprint had done this 2-3years ago to do this upgrade like T-mobile was doing. It is the main reason for the slow upgrade on sprint's part, bottom line sprint is cash strapped while trying to upgrade their tower equipment and backhaul connection to fiber optic.

As far as equipment goes sprint tower hardware spec wise is almost 1-2 years old? In technology that's a good amount of time. However, it is newer than Verizon and AT&T hardware but is older than the new current towers that
T-mobile will be installing in their network upgrades. Which will include equipment that will run
4x2 mimo,which doubles the the upload antennas for better coverage and maintaining speeds.

The 3 other carriers including sprint is still running the standard 2x2 mimo configuration.
The real Battle will begin Imo, is when LTE Advanced technology starts to be implemented.

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/04/t-mobi...ard-drive-crisis&utm_content=dharrisstructure

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
T mobile already stated that all 2g towers will remain 2g until further notice.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
T mobile already stated that all 2g towers will remain 2g until further notice.

Like I said. You should read up before opening your mouth.

T-Mobile?s network modernization project will improve approximately all 37,000+ towers the company is operating over the course of 18 months. These changes offer improved voice and data coverage, as well as a 20% improvement to indoor coverage.

T-mobile will refarm their 850 mhz
And 1900mhz spectrum for their hspa network. That's where 2g currently occupies those frequencies. Maybe not all of it? But as the statement
Above states... Most of all 37,000
Towers T-mobile operates

I haven't seen 2g edge since LTE went live about a month ago. The backup for lte here is 4G Hspa +.
But heck even 2G edge was just as fast as my so called 3g with sprint.

Point is even if edge is still there?
I dont see it. Even my phone calls go through hspa+.

T-mobile still has a 4g back up if
Somehow LTE isn't there.
For Honolulu? It is pretty much 95% lte here.
I sure do hope Softbank has a plan when they acquired sprint

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Like I said. You should read up before opening your mouth.

T-Mobile?s network modernization project will improve approximately all 37,000+ towers the company is operating over the course of 18 months. These changes offer improved voice and data coverage, as well as a 20% improvement to indoor coverage.

T-mobile will refarm their 850 mhz
And 1900mhz spectrum for their hspa network. That's where 2g currently occupies those frequencies. Maybe not all of it? But as the statement
Above states... Most of all 37,000
Towers T-mobile operates

I haven't seen 2g edge since LTE went live about a month ago. The backup for lte here is 4G Hspa +.
But heck even 2G edge was just as fast as my so called 3g with sprint.

Point is even if edge is still there?
I dont see it. Even my phone calls go through hspa+.

T-mobile still has a 4g back up if
Somehow LTE isn't there.
For Honolulu? It is pretty much 95% lte here.

I read already before I typed this Wtf u think u talkin too like I said if u think tmobile is upgrading all the towers like Sprint is now u FLAT OUT DREAMIN POINT BLANK.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I read already before I typed this Wtf u think u talkin too like I said if u think tmobile is upgrading all the towers like Sprint is now u FLAT OUT DREAMIN POINT BLANK.

Sprint is not upgrading every single one of their towers dude. Get it right.
And you know what? From what I see overall. T-mobile network
Delivers much better speeds overall than sprint.
Why should they have to upgrade to be like Sprint?Tmobile already has their fiber optic backhaul in place. That's why they can upgrade their towers faster. How long does it take sprint to update a site? I week? You think a mature LTE network
Should have speeds like yours?
Even on peak hours?
7mb DL lol. That's less than half of my hspa speeds lol if I were you?
I would rather go with Verizon lte
With the 10gb cap
And oh this is still peak time in Honolulu...
vevupata.jpg

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude sprint is upgrading 99.9% of the towers what u call that. Like I said I have facts to back up what I'm saying smgdh.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is not upgrading every single one of their towers dude. Get it right.
And you know what? From what I see overall. T-mobile network
Delivers much better speeds overall than sprint.
Why should they have to upgrade to be like Sprint? You think a mature LTE network
Should have speeds like yours?
Even on peak hours?
7mb DL lol. That's less than half of my hspa speeds lol if I were you?
I would rather go with Verizon lte
With the 10gb cap
And oh this is still peak time in Honolulu... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/24/vevupata.jpg

First off tmobile was loosing customers last quarter so more spectrum to go around second off I was getting those speeds when lte first got here now I get around 15-20mb and around 11 around peak hours who said something bout 7 lol. Chicago is a much more mature sprint LTE market than yours is a tmobile one hell u just got LTE I saw the thread we had LTE for goin on a year now and I still can hit 20mb so what u sayin exactly???

Ps. I avg about 20gb a month.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Dude sprint is upgrading 99.9% of the towers what u call that. Like I said I have facts to back up what I'm saying smgdh.

Shake your head as much as you want.
Plain and simple...
The real reason why tmobile is able to upgrade their towers faster? it is because they already have the fiber
Optic backhaul in place. Sprint doesn't.
While sprint was up in the air on what to do with their money? 2-3 years ago or more?
Tmobile was already laying the fiber down.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
First off tmobile was loosing customers last quarter so more spectrum to go around second off I was getting those speeds when lte first got here now I get around 15-20mb and around 11 around peak hours who said something bout 7 lol. Chicago is a much more mature sprint LTE market than yours is a tmobile one hell u just got LTE I saw the thread we had LTE for goin on a year now and I still can hit 20mb so what u sayin exactly???

Ps. I avg about 20gb a month.

You posted your happy with 7mb DL picture at peak hours.
I didn't say that Hawaii was a mature LTE market?
I said a mature LTE market like yours shouldn't slow down
To 7mb DL even during peak hours. We don't even have all our towers lit up here yet. But still we are getting much better
Speeds than you posted. With your market fully lit up and to see it start to slow like it does? I would be worried what it will look like in a year or 2 if sprint doesn't do more upgrades to your area. As for me i know only about half of the island of Oahu is lit up with LTE on Tmobile. There are still many
More towers to be lit. It can only get better when the rest of the towers go live. For your sake I hope sprint doesn't let your
Unlimited lte network degrade like how sprint's 3g degraded here. But hopefully softbank will have something to say about that

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I posted my screen shot of my speeds during peak hours here it is again the first is peak hours the second is my avg. Regardless of speed I'm happy with these speeds and unlimited to match.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372092855684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372092855684.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372092864469.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372092864469.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 19

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Shake your head as much as you want.
Plain and simple...
The real reason why tmobile is able to upgrade their towers faster? it is because they already have the fiber
Optic backhaul in place. Sprint doesn't.
While sprint was up in the air on what to do with their money? 2-3 years ago or more?
Tmobile was already laying the fiber down.

Yes BUT they only added fiber to the upgraded towers. U are in Hawaii which shouldn't have much 2g anyway but over here in the mainland tmobile has A LOT OF edge only zones especially outside the city. And those are remaining 2g. Why u think it's only tmo lte in major urban city's??? When Chicago first got LTE we had those speeds. The only thing tmobile has an advantage in is fewer customers to conjest the network.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes BUT they only added fiber to the upgraded towers. U are in Hawaii which shouldn't have much 2g anyway but over here in the mainland tmobile has A LOT OF edge only zones especially outside the city. And those are remaining 2g. Why u think it's only tmo lte in major urban city's???

Fort Lauderdale Florida is a major urban city now?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes BUT they only added fiber to the upgraded towers. U are in Hawaii which shouldn't have much 2g anyway but over here in the mainland tmobile has A LOT OF edge only zones especially outside the city. And those are remaining 2g. Why u think it's only tmo lte in major urban city's??? When Chicago first got LTE we had those speeds. The only thing tmobile has an advantage in is fewer customers to conjest the network.

If T-mobile will be upgrading almost all of their 37,000 Towers they operate ? Doesn't that sound like
They will be at least hspa capable if not lte?
Of course they can still have edge
Hardware integrated into the tower for some sort of redundancy. But it won't be the primary network I the future
Say after network modernization is done
Or when they have migrated the metro pcs customers and shut down their network to build it out
In rural areas

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173