1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE in Rochester NY!

I just noticed I have 4g LTE on my HTC One in my office in downtown Rochester!

Default Re: LTE in Rochester NY!

I just got att lte in Middletown ny like 2 weeks ago so fast

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I was told that they had refarmed 1900 spectrum, so I put my unlocked att/lte phone on the $30 plan.
    no hspa+, and in Hilton, I am on edge!
    moving over to att go phone $40 plan to get lte access, and default hspa+, with much better coverage.
    most of time, I have to use Wi-Fi at home.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm also in hilton, I have a more solid hspa signal than I ever did LTE with verizon. I get LTE now all over from north greece out to Henrietta.

Quote Originally Posted by JRob6542 View Post
    I'm also in hilton, I have a more solid hspa signal than I ever did LTE with verizon. I get LTE now all over from north greece out to Henrietta.
    How far into north greece? Hilton?

Posted via Android Central App

Post Re: LTE in Rochester NY!

they recently posted a public notice in the weekly newspaper here ( suburban news) from some company in ma. that states they are going to replace T-Mobile's 6 cell antennas atop the Hilton water tower. whether it is for lte and/or refarmed 1900 hspa+ was not stated.
    I got sick of sprint/vm promises and ultra slow issues and went over to at&t hspa+, with lte when I go to the mall in Greece. I have been told that at&t is working on towers to expand lte out even more. I expect it won't be much longer before it arrives in Hilton.

as of Monday, sept 30th, lte is finally in Hilton. according to speedtest, the tower is in north Greece along the lakeshore next to Flynn road.

if att can get its signal that far into Hilton, makes you wonder what excuse Verizon and sprint have for their weak, crappy signals.

even att prepaid has faster lte and hspa than Verizon/sprint have on their contract lte/ antique 3g networks. and, Verizon won't give you any lte on prepaid.

no wonder they had $100 million and more sitting around to buy out vodephone's stake. nothing like charging more for less.

Has anyone here gotten speeds faster than 22mbps in downtown rochester or northeast part of the city and near the edges of Irondequoit?