LTE in Rochester NY!

mrnyjet

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I was told that they had refarmed 1900 spectrum, so I put my unlocked att/lte phone on the $30 plan.
no hspa+, and in Hilton, I am on edge!
moving over to att go phone $40 plan to get lte access, and default hspa+, with much better coverage.
most of time, I have to use Wi-Fi at home.

JRob6542

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm also in hilton, I have a more solid hspa signal than I ever did LTE with verizon. I get LTE now all over from north greece out to Henrietta.

mrnyjet

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
they recently posted a public notice in the weekly newspaper here ( suburban news) from some company in ma. that states they are going to replace T-Mobile's 6 cell antennas atop the Hilton water tower. whether it is for lte and/or refarmed 1900 hspa+ was not stated.
I got sick of sprint/vm promises and ultra slow issues and went over to at&t hspa+, with lte when I go to the mall in Greece. I have been told that at&t is working on towers to expand lte out even more. I expect it won't be much longer before it arrives in Hilton.

mrnyjet

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
as of Monday, sept 30th, lte is finally in Hilton. according to speedtest, the tower is in north Greece along the lakeshore next to Flynn road.

if att can get its signal that far into Hilton, makes you wonder what excuse Verizon and sprint have for their weak, crappy signals.

even att prepaid has faster lte and hspa than Verizon/sprint have on their contract lte/ antique 3g networks. and, Verizon won't give you any lte on prepaid.

no wonder they had $100 million and more sitting around to buy out vodephone's stake. nothing like charging more for less.

Jay5000

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone here gotten speeds faster than 22mbps in downtown rochester or northeast part of the city and near the edges of Irondequoit?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01