Upgrading Question

Raheem Williams1

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I Have an existing tmobile line had it for 10-11 months making a year sept 2013, But when i opened my account i already had a phone so never purchased one. What im basically asking is can i go&Buy a Phone for the prices actually shown for the EIP or Do they still do that 2yrs until you could buy a phone for the "sticker price"

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you buy for sticker price (a.k.a full price) you do not get put in a 2 year.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Raheem Williams1

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
No what im saying is i had my line for 11 months....never purchased a phone when i activated my line...can i go in now&pay the $0 down for a phone or will they try charging me something else

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
If you buy for sticker price (a.k.a full price) you do not get put in a 2 year.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

In September 2012, any new postpaid customer was put on a two-year contract whether they brought their own device, paid full price or not. Full-price and BYOD customers were put on Value plans, which were two-year contract plans.

To Raheem, you may be able to convert at the one-year mark to the Simple Choice plans and pay $0 for the phone if that promotion is going on then. T-Mobile has changed the rules for which classes of customers get the $0 recently (7/27/13). The only way to know for sure is to go to the store and ask. If you are on a Value plan now, there should be no migration fees. It should be just a question of whether or not you will qualify for $0 down.