Any way to boost indoor coverage?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm giving TM a try after having been with VZ forever and picked up the Galaxy S4 last night. The phone is great. The service, until I walked in to work this morning, was acceptable (one bar at home, but it seemed to work fine). After walking in to work and sitting down at my desk, approx 12-16' from the window, and I have zero bars and zero data. Fortunately we have WiFi, so it's not a big deal, but that can't mean good things for other indoor environments or if our WiFi is down, which it is sometimes. Any app or other way of boosting that signal so I can at least get something?? I'm loving the phone, but so far the service/coverage is pretty much lacking. FYI, trying the switch to TM so I can keep unlimited data which I'd lose or have to pay for somehow with VZ.

Thanks!

C_lake2802

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is too many things you can do to boost the coverage. In my experience what you get is pretty much that. You could try some signal booster apps, i'm not sure exactly how well they work. I have T-mobile and indoors is pretty good for me usually at least get 2 bars of 4G, but If the coverage isn't working for you i suggest you switch. No reason to stay with a company with unlimited data, when your limited on when you can use it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately apps wont actually boost anything. They cant change the laws of physics. If the radio waves cant reach the unit or if there is RF interference blocking signal an app wont fix that.

What is the signal difference from inside the building to outside? Try to measure the signal from the same side.. So if your at the front doors but your closer to a window thats say on a different corner that wont help much.. Example, building entrance is on north side.. but your office faces west. Measure the signal from outside the west wall, then in your office.. What floor are you on? Do you have direct line of sight outside? Does your office building have tinted windows? many often do and they also have small amounts of lead in the tingint (as do car windows) that prevent RF from penetrating.
Are you allowed to put in a small BDA (BiDirectional Amplifier) Wilson Electronics makes some small ones. Based on what your saying i would reccomend this Wilson Electronics

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670