thinking of switching

Dylan Mccraw

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confused as to what you are saying here. If T-Mobile qualified you for new service with no-deposit, you were looking at postpaid service. The downpayment and JUMP are only available on postpaid lines. If you were signing up for prepaid service, then yes, you have to buy the phone upfront with no payment plan.

Thank you they told me on phone they are only prepaid. Apparently not all the reps even know what they are talking about. To the other guy I'm all for post paid. Similar to my sprint bill. They won't sell me any phone near advertised pricing out of cariousity I asked if iPhone 4/4s become available how much for the 4 they told me 250

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to qualify for the discount rates.
They have to run credit. The rate plan is month to month / post paid but the device is being sold to you on a subsidy and you pay it out over time. That is like a contract. You are agreeing to get the phone either free or with a deposit on day 1 then each month pay X amount of dollars for 20 months. So you have to be approved for it. Were you approved for it? Did they run your information?
Were you actually calling T-Mobile or some 3rd party reseller for them?
My advice, since your having problems understanding how this works and / or getting bad or mis information from these phone calls. Go into a T-Mobile corporate store.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty basic. Pre paid-you pay 450 for the phone, own the phone and buy minutes/data as you need.

Post paid- you sign up, they run your credit and determine if you need a down payment to start an account with them on a monthly basis. Then based on your credit they charge you for the phone, as long as your credit is fair, they give you whichever device you'd like at the down payment price, which you'd pay then. The remainder of the cost of the phone is paid in typically 20 dollar payments for 24 months or less if you'd like.

It sounds to me like there is an issue regarding credit, or you're not understanding the terms of the sale for 99 dollars. I've been with tmobile for a few years now and never had to pay full price for a device, always subsidized it and paid the old device off early when I got a new phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
There is no way I'm paying over $400 up front on a phone. I'd go to virgin mobile over that lol. I'm not mad at them they gotta make there money I'll see if I get some basic phone and make the payments for 6 months if that'll help make a difference on the jump program. On the website the phone was advertised at $145 for 16gb and $99 for 32gb. Iphone 4/4s frequency not available yet. So the $459 is a hard number to swallow

Isn't it 99 dollars + tax down.
Then 20+ dollars a month per phone on your bill until you pay off the balance of each phone?

It won't be 400 dollars upfront

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
To tmobil from sprint I know service and plans are better and cheaper where im at. If I don't wanna finance a phone, could I buy a used phone and just have T-Mobile activate a Sim card? Also with sprint, phones can have a bad ESN, can gsm phones have that or does that just stay with the Sim card?

If u are going this route I would say just skip the postpaid process and get a prepaid T-Mobile sim like I did. Unlimited data at a flat 70$ a month wit no credit checks or none of the sort. I'm using an unlocked att lg escape
he9y6yhy.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Dylan Mccraw

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The corporate store told me 459 plus $13.50 over 24months as well as when I called. They ran my credit. Weird since credit is ran when getting a car and or apt and never had a problem before.

Thanks once again. I'll call by end of week now that I have more knowledge from you guys.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If they redo the HSPA in your area it can be awesome speeds. I got this the other day in the store.

I mainly switched from Sprint due to their customer service not unlocking my fully bought phone... But now I'm enjoying T-Mobile speeds and thanks to my discount I pay $70 after taxes so I'm saving about $25 a month versus Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Yea, I know, but at this moment my LTE is way faster then the speeds my friends on T-Mobile get. And I only pay $56 a month, taxes included. Oh, and I got my GS4 at best buy for $152 taxes included. :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The corporate store told me 459 plus $13.50 over 24months as well as when I called. They ran my credit. Weird since credit is ran when getting a car and or apt and never had a problem before.

Thanks once again. I'll call by end of week now that I have more knowledge from you guys.

The savings is minimal if you aren't willing to use a phone that is a crazy good deal and/or buy a used phone to bring with you. The good thing about T-Mo is the flexibility in the plans, If you don't use data then you can get 2 phones for as little as $80 a month. Add a $100-$250 for a phone and you're getting a crazy good deal.

If you go all in with a top of the line iPhone(Waste of money imo)then you will probably not save much and there isn't much reason to do it.

Pls stop letting ppl run your credit until you are certain that you are going to change. It's going to affect your score. Esp over the phone.