Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Holm View Post
    Is 4.5gb's a good amount? What sorta things do you do on your Tab? Just curious what kinda user you are. I'm a security guard, so I use my smartphone a lot cause I'm bored at work! Do you have to pay an additional $20/mo to get the extra 2gigs? Is 4.5gb's sufficient?

Posted using Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
    Gm! I am a heavy user, i have the unlimited data plan with 4.5 hotspot. I use my tab for Google plus, Facebook, instagram, twitter and xbmc yes 4.5 is good occasionally I'll hop on my Co workers clear Internet but find T-Mobile to be faster. To answer your question 4.5gb enough for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Default Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

Is that only for postpaid?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Yes i think so

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    Gm! I am a heavy user, i have the unlimited data plan with 4.5 hotspot. I use my tab for Google plus, Facebook, instagram, twitter and xbmc yes 4.5 is good occasionally I'll hop on my Co workers clear Internet but find T-Mobile to be faster. To answer your question 4.5gb enough for me.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    I have to ask when you are tethering your tab from your s4 actually shows you using data when you are tethering your tab? I know when I tether off my nexus 4 via my laptop and my nexus 7 my tethering data does not increase. My mobile data does lol. So basically with my laptop running latest Ubuntu and android 4.4.2 on my n7 I am getting unlimited tethering..

Cheers,
    Charlie

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated

Quote Originally Posted by dmnall View Post
    I have to ask when you are tethering your tab from your s4 actually shows you using data when you are tethering your tab? I know when I tether off my nexus 4 via my laptop and my nexus 7 my tethering data does not increase. My mobile data does lol. So basically with my laptop running latest Ubuntu and android 4.4.2 on my n7 I am getting unlimited tethering..

Cheers,
    Charlie

Lucky you, i see the usage when tethering from my HTC One.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    Lucky you, i see the usage when tethering from my HTC One.

I am guessing since the nexus phones does not have the tethering manager. I guess that is the trade off no WiFi calling on a nexus but no tethering management.

Charlie

Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated
    Thanked by:

I just rooted my Note 3...wifi calling and no tether management .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I just rooted my Note 3...wifi calling and no tether management .

Now when you tether is your tethering data increasing?

Charlie

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Now when you tether is your tethering data increasing?

Charlie

Rooting itself does nothing to increase your tethering. You can use a tethering app to unlimit your tethering.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    Rooting itself does nothing to increase your tethering. You can use a tethering app to unlimit your tethering.
    Well I can assure you I am not using a tethering app and I am getting unlimited tethering on my nexus 4.

Well I can assure you I am not using a tethering app and I am getting unlimited tethering on my nexus 4.

I have a modified apk and it works beautifully.

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Really? And you get unlimited tether?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Nice that works lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    Really? And you get unlimited tether?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Stock rooted, cwm kot49h on my nexus4 and I am tethering free my tablet and my laptop *Asus g75vw with Ubuntu 13.10*.

Charlie

Default Re: T-Mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

I tether unlimited also.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Default Re: T-Mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

Is this 2.5 GB on top of the non tethering data service? Or is it all part of the 2.5 thGB total.

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Is this 2.5 GB on top of the non tethering data service? Or is it all part of the 2.5 thGB total.
    If you're on the 2.5 GB then throttle plan you only get 2.5 GB.. Tether and phone data together.. Not 2.5 of each.

Unlimited plans have unlimited phone data and then 2.5 GB of tether data.

Thanked by:
    erwaso 

If you're on the 2.5 GB then throttle plan you only get 2.5 GB.. Tether and phone data together.. Not 2.5 of each.

Unlimited plans have unlimited phone data and then 2.5 GB of tether data.

good to know, thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12