Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Default T-Mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

I just called them up to upgrade.
    Fast and free.

Yes... this is for the rate plan with unlimited 4G that has 500MB mobile hotspot included.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Default Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB.

They did mine automatically .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    April920 likes this.

Default Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB.

I had mine changed yesterday.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Note, this is for post paid plans (Simple Choice). Prepaid unlimited users are still SOL..........
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

I'm not lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

I think if you are close to the limit it will change? I'm still at 27MB. hehe

Default Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

What's funny. I haven't used my hotspot. It's like I'm using it.

Default Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

So, for those of us that had 500 megs of free hotspot, it's now 2.5 GB? Am I reading that right? Where can you check to see what allotment you now have?

Quote Originally Posted by mackie99 View Post
    So, for those of us that had 500 megs of free hotspot, it's now 2.5 GB? Am I reading that right? Where can you check to see what allotment you now have?
    Yes: T-Mobile now offering more tethering data options to unlimited users | Android Central
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Yep. The T-Mobile my account app shows it.

Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Check your my T-Mobile account. Or your smart phone should have a T-Mobile account widget that you can bring up to any of your home screens.

I still showed 500 megs. I had to have Tforce (the twitter guys) change it for me. Now it shows 2.5 gigs. They said I was on the older unlimited data feature which only includes 500 MB.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

I still showed 500 megs. I had to have Tforce (the twitter guys) change it for me. Now it shows 2.5 gigs. They said I was on the older unlimited data feature which only includes 500 MB.
    So your good to go then...

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock / Stock

How about people on contact? If I go to best buy and buy a phone I will be on contact. Does that disqualify me from the extra tether allotment?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have unlimited VZW LTE, just sayin...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Esponoza View Post

Cool story?

I have unlimited T-Mobile LTE... Just sayin .

Also how come no comment in the Verizon Forums Maria? I thought our network couldn't get over 10 Mbit? .

April920 likes this.

I have unlimited T-mobile LTE that blows VZW LTE out of the water in my area. Just sayin.
    April920 and Jay Holm like this.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Here is my T-Mobile unlimited data
    LTE speeds in Honolulu
    Just saying...

April920 likes this.

Mine is still showing 500.00 MB. Could I go to the store and ask them to change it?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by C_lake2802 View Post
    Mine is still showing 500.00 MB. Could I go to the store and ask them to change it?
    Just call 611 on your phone and speak to a csr

I ended up moving my hotspot plan to 4.5gb

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The $30 plan sounds good. Lately I've use alot of mins. Although I use Google voice, hotspot feature is very important for me considering I carry around my tab

Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    The $30 plan sounds good. Lately I've use alot of mins. Although I use Google voice, hotspot feature is very important for me considering I carry around my tab

Is 4.5gb's a good amount? What sorta things do you do on your Tab? Just curious what kinda user you are. I'm a security guard, so I use my smartphone a lot cause I'm bored at work! Do you have to pay an additional $20/mo to get the extra 2gigs? Is 4.5gb's sufficient?

Posted using Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast