Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Switching to postpaid

    I currently am on prepaid. At the end of my month, I would like to switch to postpaid so I can have conditional call forwarding and be able to apply a corporate discount.

    Has anyone switched like this before? Any pitfalls I should look out for?

    I assume postpaid plans are the Simple Choice plans.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Switching to postpaid

    Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    I currently am on prepaid. At the end of my month, I would like to switch to postpaid so I can have conditional call forwarding and be able to apply a corporate discount.

    Has anyone switched like this before? Any pitfalls I should look out for?

    I assume postpaid plans are the Simple Choice plans.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Not sure about TMo's plans, but I would ask questions like, how easy is it to modify plans, what is the window for changing phones (If you are planning on getting one), ETFs, and ask about if they allow testing their coverage for a few days. I am guessing you are on TMo prepaid, but the 2 band types are different even though they are the same company.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Switching to postpaid

    I did it, it was a painless process. Took about 10 minutes at a T-Mobile store. Just make sure they don't try to charge you a$39 new activation fee - I think their system applies it by default.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Switching to postpaid

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    I did it, it was a painless process. Took about 10 minutes at a T-Mobile store. Just make sure they don't try to charge you a$39 new activation fee - I think their system applies it by default.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    I talked to T-Mobile on the phone today. They said to switch, I would need to get a new SIM and new phone number. Then they would port my old number over. Did you go through this process?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Switching to postpaid

    Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    I talked to T-Mobile on the phone today. They said to switch, I would need to get a new SIM and new phone number. Then they would port my old number over. Did you go through this process?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Yup that's pretty much it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Switching to postpaid

    I went to the store Thursday, got a new SIM and overnight my number ported over. Easy peasy. I have Google Voice setup as my voice mail and waiting for my corporate discount to be applied. Thanks to all that replied.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Similar Threads

  1. kik app crashes when i try to send a pic?
    By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM
  2. Camera slowwww to take picture
    By Nikki Brownell in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 08:19 AM
  3. How to access carrier messages on Nexus 7 LTE???
    By Thrasherx2k1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 05:09 PM
  4. Verizon's payment plan similar to EDGE?
    By cnotes2019 in forum Verizon
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM
  5. whats a good Qi charger to buy?
    By sushiglobster in forum LG G2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

B