Question about towers.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they've gotten pretty good at balancing cost and benefit for their cell sites by now. I wouldn't be too worried.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, where is this if you don't mind me asking? Up until about 4 or 5 days ago I would get 4G full bars with T-Mobile here at home but now I'm getting LTE with full or one bar short of full as well.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, where is this if you don't mind me asking? Up until about 4 or 5 days ago I would get 4G full bars with T-Mobile here at home but now I'm getting LTE with full or one bar short of full as well.

This is in Ontario California.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm saying that since this metropcs tower came up by my house my voice coverage has gotten better but not my data .

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Then its simply not on those bands.. It mite be on the voice bands but not data or their towers back bone is low internet speed im lucky as we have a local broad band isp that's full fiber optic :) !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why i pay at&t almost 200 a month for 2 lines

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1380088196303.jpg
    1380088196303.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 12

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Then its simply not on those bands.. It mite be on the voice bands but not data or their towers back bone is low internet speed im lucky as we have a local broad band isp that's full fiber optic :) !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why i pay at&t almost 200 a month for 2 lines

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

You pay way to much then. These are my speeds with T-Mobile LTE (last one is HSPA) and I only pay $70 after taxes (it would be like $80ish if I didn't have a discount).

Trust me T-Mobile has the Fiber Optics as well in areas where they have LTE going. From the looks of it you are paying a boatload and getting less than me ... and I am unlimited as well. All the data I want to use!! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-25-08-36-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-08-36-50.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2013-09-25-08-41-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-25-08-41-21.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 9

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I may have spoken too soon.

When I first switched to tmo back in November last year. I had terrible signal inside this room of my house. I'd regularly drop calls and averaged less than 1mb down and even less up. Now I'm getting...

uploadfromtaptalk1380115625298.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1380115642117.jpg

And that's on HSPA+ this phone doesn't have LTE. Nexus4.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Lets not get into a T-Mobile vs AT&T war here. Both have their merits. I for one am on TMO and love them. They suit MY needs. But if i were to travel a lot then i might have stayed with Sprint or looked at Verizon or AT&T. But living in Dallas and rarely going out of the metroplex TMO fits me.. With that said my work phone is an AT&T iPhone 5 and for ME side by side comparisons has shown i get better LTE speeds on my TMO.. but ive only done that testing where i live and work. Results will vary across dallas as well as the country.
I also pay $50 a month with a TMO small business plan (for my self) with unlimited data and 1000 minutes.. so im happy..

Oh and for jimmiekain do a quick google search for nexus 4 lte and thats all i can say.. :)

Also keep in mind when a new tower site goes up there is a lot of testing that has to go on. Not only on the site its self but to make sure it plays well with neighboring sites and competitor sites. That site can not produce any harmful interference to any of their existing equipment or a competitor. When that site goes up they may tweak and tune it or adjacent sites for days or weeks to get optimal coverage and network performance. Often times new sites like that go up with low to mid power and they slowly adjust it up.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
@iAmSixNine

I rooted my Nexus 4 about and flashed the hybrid radio to get LTE about a month ago and got some pretty nice speeds but for some reason it messed with my pictures I posted on Google+. After the root it made all of my pictures small and blurry. I found out it was because of the APN. My n4 is still rooted but I use the regular apn for hspa+ to avoid the weird picture issue.

Just curious... You have a small business plan, what kind of business do you have?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
@iAmSixNine

I rooted my Nexus 4 about and flashed the hybrid radio to get LTE about a month ago and got some pretty nice speeds but for some reason it messed with my pictures I posted on Google+. After the root it made all of my pictures small and blurry. I found out it was because of the APN. My n4 is still rooted but I use the regular apn for hspa+ to avoid the weird picture issue.

Just curious... You have a small business plan, what kind of business do you have?

Corporate iphone/smart phone/ tablet repair company.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a store, mall kiosk, or work from home.

I ask because I hate my job and would like to go into business for myself.

I have an office. I dont do individual repairs (unless for family or friends). The company handles corporate repair. So pretty much my customers mail boxes of equipment to me, our techs fix it and mail back.
PM me since this isnt really on topic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX