T-Mobile LTE Service in Hampton Roads VA

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to take the plunge and switch carriers, moving from ATT to T-Mobile. I live in Virginia Beach VA, and do work in the rest of the 7 cities. I'm looking for feedback from current T-Mobile customers in Hampton Roads on how well the service coverage is, in particular LTE coverage. I'm looking to move up to Galaxy Note 3 for myself and a Galaxy S4 for my wife.

Thanks for the feedback!

C_lake2802

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I live in the 757 & had the same dilema as you. Others told me not to switch from sprint get tmobile, but I did it anyways.

Tmobile for me has been great, super fast lte all around va beach, cheseapeake and norfolk. For me I don't travel alot so it worked for me. Hope I helped & keep me posted on your decission

Last edited:

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your input C_lake, it's much appreciated. Tell me, what device are you using on T-mobile?

I live in the 757 & had the same dilema as you. Others told me not to switch from sprint get tmobile, but I did it anyways.

Tmobile for me has been great, super fast lte all around va beach, cheseapeake and norfolk. For me I don't travel alot so it worked for me. Hope I helped & keep me posted on your decission

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering switching to tmo myself and was wondering the same thing. I may just setup a single line plan and tey it for 10days and if I like the coverage I see, cancel I and move mine and my wifes numbers over

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I get great LTE in my house in Va Beach (near Mt Trashmore) and at work- Chesapeake (greenbrier/S Mil Hwy). YMMV.

See if any friends or family can help you out. I have seen some dead spots, though, in Chesapeake (Dominion Blvd/Cedar Rd area).

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Glad I found this thread. I am considering a jump to TMo when the Nexus 5 comes out but was really a little nervous about it due to concerns about the service.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I joined T-mobile a couple days ago finding LTE Strong except for Red Mill Commons -Sandbridge.
That very very populated area in VB has 1995 2G hit and miss signal with lots of emergency call only pop ups. Heck levelLoop Rd seen as (A) has no service yet map displays GOOD.
I'm amazed T-mobile has not upgraded hardware to accommodate shopping centers galore tons of business....over 300 and elementary school located in black boxs.
Year around that location is busy equal to Lynhaven mall area , Add tourism into the mix during summer months its packed to the max.

11skpxi.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12