T-Mobile: LTE coverage in San Francisco.

exdroid

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I am just wondering as to how is the signal coverage in San Francisco bay area. I used to have T-Mo but I had to give it up because of signal issues particularly inside buildings. I would love to go back to T-Mo but only if they had improved their signal reception. They are touting that they have complete LTE coverage of San Francisco but one time I was walking in the Mission District and I was on EDGE. Could it be because there are more people using T-Mo in the city than it is Fairfield? When I have good LTE signal, I am getting 22Mbps down and 11Mbps up.

Last edited by a moderator:

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: LTE coverage in San Francisco.

The last time I was in the city, I was always on LTE. It's been a little bit since I've returned, but everywhere else I've been in the Bay has LTE.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Everywhere in the city I get HSPA+ or LTE.
East Bay and Peninsula have LTE pretty much everywhere east of 280. Half Moon Bay and south still has areas of zero coverage. It only becomes a problem when you go into the Central Valley and get off the highway.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Within all of the Bay Area and within San Francisco, it's pretty much all LTE or HSPA. LTE coverage in San Francisco is probably 75% covered. Places out in the Sunset, and southern parts of the city are still just on HSPA. There is still some building penetration issues such as basement stores or heavy brick walls, but I'm pretty certain that AT&T signal couldn't penetrate those places either.

I'd say that T-Mobile coverage is equal to that of AT&T and Verizon in the SF Bay (sorry, Sprint).

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Any in the Tri-Valley? If so, could you comment about the coverage in Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, Concord? Also, what South Bay (Mountain View, Palo Alto) and East Bay (Oakland, Emeryville)?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If you are usually at specific locations like home or work then you should seek advice from those in your immediate vicinity. A carrier may have good service overall in the general area but not good service where you need it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Coverage in Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Mountain View, and Palo Alto have all been good for me, either LTE or HSPA+.

Posted via Android Central App

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

LTE is great in SF, as well as the rest of bay area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

East Bay here. It's better then it was . 4g most of the time and its consistent.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Curious I keep hearing mixed reviews on other sites of coverage in SF/DC area anyone got an up to date experience with coverage ? Its been several months since this thread was posted on.

cyndy

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had T-Mobile for only a couple of weeks, but so far so good around downtown San Francisco. I'm much happier now than I was with Sprint.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lbesze

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
You get great coverage from San Jose to Vallejo and in between. Sure there are spots especially in the North Bay that needs improvement, but they are improving. I have Verizon LTE Ipad mini from work to compare, and yes coverage overall better with big red, but speeds are at Tmo's favor. Building penetration is still an issue and it will be until Tmo start to use lower carrier frequencies, which are hard to come by since ATT and Verizon made a point to hoard some years ago.