Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aleksandar0475
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s3 4.3 update (Gallery App Bug)

Ever since I updated my phone to 4.3 every time I hit the share icon, my gallery app crashes!!!!! This means Bluetooth is pretty much useless right now since you cant share anything. A smartphone that cannot share photos????!!!!!!This is completely ridiculous!!!!!

Default Re: Galaxy s3 4.3 update (Gallery App Bug)

I just noticed the same thing on my AT&T version.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

A possible workaround to try: memorize the file name, open My Files or some other file browser and share the file from in there.

Please post if that works or not.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3

And now,can you imagine having stupid iPhone,paying enormous amount for it and it can not share anything??
    geekymcfly likes this.

Thanks for the help. It worked just fine. But I decided that I am gonna use a different gallery app called "Photos" I had it for some time but I haven't started using it until now.

At least my phone is running smoother than it was before, but this stock gallery app bug needs some serious attention.

I don't know if you are in the habit of turning off apps or not but I am. One of the apps I had blocked was Paper Artist. As soon as I turned it back on, Gallery started sharing again without crashing. I think the 2 apps are linked.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quickpic is another good alternative to the Gallery App. Give that try as well.

Otherwise, try going into system settings - applications - gallery then clear data/cache and it should be good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Thumbs up Re: Galaxy s3 4.3 update (Gallery App Bug)

Yep...this is the solution (turn Paper Artist back on). Seems like a pretty useless thing for Samsung to do and certainly a bug to link these two apps like this.
    Last edited by Captain Redbutt; 12-11-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Forum threading not what I expected...post out of order.

I hate joining forum's. However, I must make an exception just to comment when someone gives such a spot-on answer. The Captain is 100% correct!!!
    I have been trying to resolve this ever since Android 4.3 was downloaded onto my phone. I cannot tell you how many other places I have looked to no avail. I don't know many ways I have re-phrased the question to Google before finding this.
    I do not even remember turning off Paper Artist, but apparently I once did. It was the only app that was turned off on my phone. I turned it back on and Gallery works, again. Go figure.
    I was one step away from doing a hard reset.
    Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu-be View Post
    I hate joining forum's. However, I must make an exception just to comment when someone gives such a spot-on answer. The Captain is 100% correct!!!
    I have been trying to resolve this ever since Android 4.3 was downloaded onto my phone. I cannot tell you how many other places I have looked to no avail. I don't know many ways I have re-phrased the question to Google before finding this.
    I do not even remember turning off Paper Artist, but apparently I once did. It was the only app that was turned off on my phone. I turned it back on and Gallery works, again. Go figure.
    I was one step away from doing a hard reset.
    Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!
    I don't believe "The Captain" came up with the answer. He just said "yup".